Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jordyn at 6 months

Okay, I really truly think this just might be up there with one of my BEST LO's EVER! and I have to give credit to the gals on the cricut MB LO forum...with your attention to detail I am never lacking on inspiration, so here I pushed myself, thanks to you! Sandy, Nanne, Dawn, Donna (who has yet to do a LO, come on lady!)...and obviously many many more!!!!

So this is a photo of Jordyn at 6 months old, when she still had red in her hair, normally her hair would be in a large single curl but I forgot to wet it before we left for this shoot. With the little tips of her ears I have always thought she looks like a sweet little fairy...uh no, mommy emotions taking over...tears are coming...oh I'm such a sap!
Circles are punches and flowers are from Walk In My Garden, one of my favorite flowers to use. Gosh the paper is a bit of everything so I couldnt even begin with that...I had JUST recieved some Tim Holtz distress inks in the mail as I was doing this so there is some inks used on all the flowers (its just enough to show the edges a bit better)I used decorative scissors to add some more interest to the flowers...Small flowers and butterfly's are Marth punches, almost forgot, so is the leaf punch that is done in vellum so its a bit hard to see....(I get almost all my punches from "my" craft lady at local flea markets, usually they are $4!!!)

This little fairy was from a card my Dad gave me, she was so sweet that I cut her out to use again and thought she was perfect here! The glitter on her wings inspired me to add more glitter...I couldnt add another pix here to show the detail but all butterflys have glittered wings as well as spots in all the flower centers!



I hope you all can see this right, I had to do a few shots to try and show this...this is done with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and I found the technique on youtube.com done by Two Peas In A Bucket (my favorite videos to watch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-Q170YvjY Here is the link for that particular video.
I think this is the BEST thing I have found in awhile and can not wait to do MORE! I took there advice and pushed in gems before it cooled. I only did 2 layers so its not as raised as it could be!
Thank you so much for checking this out....I really hope you all love this as much as I do!





14 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGOSH this is soooo beautiful!!!
hugs
Brenda

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo Leah! You really layered up a storm! What a perfect frame for our little fairy here. Love all of the flowers and butterflies. xxD

Sandy said...

It looks just perfect Leah...love all your flowers...guess I have another cart to add to my wish list...LOL...great work gf

The6ofusinca said...

I love it Leah! I love the color, I love that picutre!! Awesome work!

Kelly said...

OMG Leah, you really out did yourself on this one. It is just perfect. Love all the flowers and butterflies and oh...the picture of Jordyn is priceless!

Anonymous said...

wow that is just beautiful!!



Juli
cougarjnagel@aol.com

Sandi said...

Leah, it's gorgeous and your neighbor doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyhoo, I left you some love on my blog!

Nanne said...

Well...LOL
Just like Sandi(who seems to be faster at this than me) I have a little something for you on my blog..to show gratitude for all the love you leave on blog when visiting.
cheers
Nanné

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh bummer, I see several people beat me to it! I've got a little something on my blog for you too! xxxxxxxD

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow I can see why you are so happy with this it is so cute. All the detailing is amazing.

hugs
Kaye x

Margie said...

Leah, this is absolutely adorable! Love all those flowers and the little contrasting b'flies scattered about. What a cutie!

Sandy said...

miss leah...i have something for your..please stop by and pick it up!

Anonymous said...

Leah, this LO is absolutely gorgeous! Jordyn looks adorable with all those curls on her head and I love your mix of papers, shapes and textures! Definitely a stunning LO!

CindyS. from Cricut MB

Stine said...

This is amazing!!! Love this one, it is so cute, and I hope you have it framed!!!