Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tiki House

This summer the family got a weekend away together in Santa Cruz, Ca. We rented a hilarious house all in Hawiian theme (which was greatly overdone in the most tacky, but fun, way!)
Cody was only about 10 days old, I had ants in my bed and we spent lots of time watching surfers (poor me, huh?). LOL!
I took my lead from Lifes A Beach here for the tiki's...but wanted them a certain way and went ahead and did them myself! I had the perfect crackle paper and used my Distress Inks, which gave the exact look I was after!

Hooka-la-la-lei-le!

Font is from Lifes A Beach, popped with "cereal" chipboard. Distressed and markered for a bit more detail, the letters got just a bit lost with the background paper.
All paper is DCWV.

Thats it for this week! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

beautiful layout and great Tiki's

hugs
Kaye x

Brenda said...

Leah!! LOVE your layout! And what a fun get away...minus the ants!
hugs
Brenda

DonnaMundinger said...

Sounds like the house was a hoot! Yuck on the ants! Love your Tikis! Looks like a good time was had by all! xxD

Nanne said...

layout looks like it was a lot of work, but well worth it..It looks awesome..Lovin the font.
cheers
Nanné

Kelly said...

What a great layout Leah. Love all the details, the Tikis are awesome! Looks like a lot of work to me...you did such a great job!