Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birds of a Feather

I almost freaked when I actually got this stunning picture of the two of them! They are such a duo! (oh I think I just got another title idea! LOL!)
I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this picture...what title and images to go together and I thought that old saying was pretty cute!
This is my first time really doing my own paper piecing. Gosh I just wish it would have photographed as good as it does look in person! Don't ya hate that! I used textured paper, glitter paper, printed paper, brads, fiber, twine, glitter..even made a nest with eggs! I LOVED this and had SO much fun making it!
This is currently my favorite technique..using Ultra Thich Embossing Enamel to give things that epoxy look! Because I did so many layers and had so many letters I decided just to glitter a couple instead...and to top it off I gave it a twine bow (not so easy to do!)


This is the partridge from Joys of the Season but I wanted more detail and added the wing to it...doodled some and added stickles (which almost did not photograph at all!) I don't know if you can tell but the word Feather had the same paper as the bird house, to make it show up a little better to overset it with a layer of white. That also does not show up well in the main picture but looks great in person.




4 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGOSH I love love love this layout! Sooo beautifly done!lovin the lil bird and all the details again just perfect!awww you are sooo blessed love the photo!
hugs
Brenda

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous layout, love the bird house. Another precious photo, great detailing.

hugs
Kaye x

DonnaMundinger said...

Leah this is stunning! You're right, it may be my fave layout yet! (and that's saying alot!) Can't wait to see this one in person! FABULOUS! xxD

Nanne said...

this so so fabulous GF.. you have out done yourself, once again.. I love looking at your layouts..so fun and happy..
cheers
Nanné
p.s. never knew kids could smile as much as yours do..LOL