Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beach Boy


My great new friends, Sandi, Nanne and Sandy have started a blog to get our creative juices flowing...please go and take a peek! This is also there very first challenge!!!!


Okay so...this will be my first challenge, my first time using any sketch and my first LO of just my husband! I actually have to say that using a sketch was really difficult for me! LOL! This LO created quite a mess! I used so many different things that I trashed my craft area (also known as the kitchen table!)

I attempted to use my tranparency with my computer but could not find a setting for it so I went with stickers..as usual my favorite would be Mrs Grossmans. These are super pretty in person. On the backside of this I stamped and embossing the palm tree image and attached w/ the..I don't know what you call them! the things on the back of frames! LOL!

Lighthouse, sea gulls, beach ball and safety tube are all from Lifes A Beach. Distressed Stripes on one of the pieces there as well.


The paper is mostly Bazzill, I had just got the Dotted Swiss stack from HSN.com and think its the best!!! oh and DCWV Spring printed paper stack!








7 comments:

Nanne said...

wow...Leah!.... that is so awesome.. you have really outdone yourself with this one..wow...Its just so fantastic.. I love looking at it...
hope to see you again next week with another stunner...
cheers and hugs
Nanné

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah this is stunning, Love how you have cut the photo. Such beautiful colours. I'm with you on this one, not used to following sketches.

hugs
Kaye x

Margie said...

OMG, Leah!!! How pretty! Love how you used all the beach theme cuts and embellie! Totally love this layout! Oh, and LOVE how you cut the photo... soooo cool!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow! Double wow! Leah, you have outdone yourself! I love your attention to detail on this one and have to agree with the other ladies ... love love love how you cut your photo! Hope to see you back next week. I picked the sketch and I think it's gonna be a lot easier on folks. Can't believe it's your first time following a sketch!

Sandy said...

Man oh Man Leah...i agree...totally outdone yourself...this layout is gorgeous...I love the blues and the pic is amazing...all the cuts are beautiful....such a wonderful take on the challenge...thanx for taking part!

DonnaMundinger said...

You're a natural at this Leah! I just can't seem to get the least bit creative with a sketch and here you go with what looks like the most difficulat sketch IMAGINABLE and you totally knock it out of the PARK! I'm speechless! (And we both know that's a first. LOL) FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, D

The6ofusinca said...

This is beautiful Leah, I think this layout is my fav of yours!!! I love everything about it!
Great work sista!