Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Monsters and Stuck on U Sketches Blog Candy!

Here is a little blog candy we are offering over at Stuck on U Sketches, as a thank you to our followers...we are nearing 100! Each of us are beyond thrilled at the support you all have shown us...so we are saying THANKS!
12 ribbons in the colors of the holiday seasons! Hope you like!!!




Well I am beyond thrilled with this one! While awake at night with the baby I had an idea for these guys...a few nights later right at the kids bedtime I was inspired to sketch these out and then days and days later got to make them! So these guys were in the works for 2 weeks! LOL!

I used my decorative scissors to cut the orange paper which I laid down on an angle, distressed with black ink, as well as the rest of the papers. Paper is DCWV Fall stack, 2008. I have not seen this years yet but am sure I will want it!

I hand wrote Goul Times, Spirited Fun around the outside with the date as I did not have too much room for anything else after I got all the elements put onto the page.


Thugmond~
All the face shapes were designed on CDS. The same basic oval was used and different "tops" added.
Thugmond! I thought I told you to stay out of the swamp!




Mummy Rat (named by Scotti)~

I cut stripes of paper, layered the heck out of them, distressed with the old paper distress ink, popped a few. His pet mice are stickers.





Frankie~

I hand cut his hair and welded an oval and 2 circles for his fabulous nose! Thats my favorite part! LOL! Reminds me of my Dad!

Now the eye balls and warts are from a hole punch and I added drops of Glossy Accents! I couldnt believe how much they look like Rain Dots...looks like I found a way to make my own!

Frankie's pet spider is a brad from the dollar section at Target.






Thanks for looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



9 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Spooktacular!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Leah! This is TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!!! and speacking of words, I love the way you wrote your title all around the page. (I'm sure I'd screw that up if I tried it.) what a fabulous pic of the whole family. Love it! xxD

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

What a fun layout, love the names of your characters.

hugs
Kaye x

Nanne said...

OMG...these are so cute.. I can't quit smiling!! You are a very clever young lady...lol
hugs :O)
Nanné

The6ofusinca said...

Too too cute Leah!!!!! Frankie ROCKS!!!!

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys....you did such an awesome job on them!
Big Hugs Wanda

Sandy said...

Leah you know I love this...all the little details you added to the little spooks is just fab gf...wonderfully done!

Kathy said...

Hi Leah... Nice to meet you, I found your sweet blog and spent a couple minutes enjoying your creativity!!!... I'll be back when I have more time, have a great weekend, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings Stop over anytime, would love to have you!

Kristin G. said...

I can't believe how cute those monsters are.