Friday, October 16, 2009

Stuck on U Sketches Oct 16th Challenge

Well this weeks sketch was for a single LO however after my recent trip to the pumpkin patch with the kids I knew I had to adapt this into a 2 pager! I drew the sketch and played with a design for page 2 (sketch is the second page here, I sketched the 1st page). It ended up a bit different because of the papers I used but I am super pleased with this!





FALL in love with ME! My baby boy Cody, at almost 4 months!








Page 1~ FALL in love...fonts used are Plantin Schoolbook and George. Paper is Bazzill and DCWV. Embellies are chipboard by American Crafts and K&Co (I think).







Page 2~ with ME...(this is the actual sketch from our challenge).









Detail of title...was inked with Bronze and Chestnut cat eyes for the lower case words, the upper case was done with chipboard (aka a cereal box) and covered with sticker back metal sheets from Mrs Grossman's. Having that adhesive backed made it SO much easier! I did cut a shadow as well because I wanted it to stand out more. This photo you can see the rhinestone used for the dot on letter I, I also used Liquid Pearls for the first time to accent the upper case words. They are not all very even but I do like the look!








Well one of the reasons that this took so long was all the distressing and inking. Each paper edge was distressed and inked (Tim Holtz distress inks) with at least 2 to 3 colors! All in all there are about half a dozen inks used in this LO. I distressed with inks and sandpaper to the chipboard, added Ranger Crackle Accents, fun wire in black and hand drew some swirls with metallic sharpie.






I think that about covers it! LOL! Like that wasn't enough, huh? I am pooped now and am off to watch one of my favorite movies..Disney's Ichabod Crain!




8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Leah! Gorgeous layout! I love how you go the extra mile with embellies and such. (You're the distress queen, LOL) Our boy is getting to be such a big guy! Too cute! xxD

Stine said...

Cannot believe that he is four months already! Love the colours in this one and all the distressing!

Kelly said...

Oh my Leah what a fabulous layout! Love the embellishments. You really put a lot of work into this one!

craftaddict said...

What a beautiful layout and a beautiful baby.
xxxxeileen

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous, Leah, love the sweet little embellies to go with this sweet little baby boy! Great title!

Sandy said...

Leah...you did a wonderful job on the sketch...so happy to see you used a 2 page layout....that used to be all i did...need to do some more....baby is precious....and the layout is beyond fab!

Nanne said...

What a sweet layout.. I love the little outfit he is wearing, goes so well with the layout..
outstanding job using the sketch and I too love the two pager.. I need to make more of those.. :O)
hugs
Nanné

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah I really really love this layout, your little man is so cute anyone would find it hard not to Fall in love with him. Your colours are beautiful.

hugs
Kaye x