Friday, November 6, 2009

Hush Little Baby (SOUS Nov 6th Challenge)

I have finally felt in the groove of doing sketches...I think there will always be weeks when I am not in the mood or whatever but I was excited about this one (and have to say that this upcoming month's sketches are amazing!)
I wanted to try something new here...so I cut my design (from DS of course!) with the same printed paper as the background. Inked it up pretty good but not before I did small star stamping with white embossing powder...

If you can believe I have gone all this crafty time without having a white gel pen..so I did a bit of stitching and wrote some words on the right side. Tied some bows and added some gems to the star centers.

Sadly you can not see the sheen the title but its very pretty and goes lovely with the whole LO. Added a bit more gems and that's about it!
Hope everyone enjoys this weeks sketch at SOUS!

14 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow Leah this layout is stunning, I am lost for words. You little one looks so peaceful. Love the papers and all the inking. It is amazing how long we have all scrapped for but there are probably many things that we have all never used. I have still never used Mod Podge.

hugs
Kaye x

Margie said...

Leah, that is just precious!!! Love the softness of it all. Love the little embossed stars. And what an angel!

Brenda said...

Leah this is sooo beautiful...such a peaceful and soft layout!! Love the stamping and embossing,and all the details are perfect for this layout!
hugs
Brenda

Sandy said...

How could you go wrong on this with just a dreamy little subject...just the cutest...you did a fab job on the sketch...I love the moon and stars....just a great idea...you rock GF!

Jamie Lane said...

Ohhh how sweet! Love the photo and the layout!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh just look at our BOY!!!! That sweetie pie! What a perfect layout. LOVE that you did your cuts in the same paper and the embossed stars add such a subtle but lovely touch. Also love that you used the moon for the "C" in Cody. Precious page! xxD

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, this is just the sweetest thing I've seen in a while. So precious. Of course, great pic and awesome moon and stars cut .. love that and WOW, that stamping is absolutely over the top! So glad you included some close-ups of that. Love the way you did Cody! Fantastic!

Michele said...

Oh my word! I love how you did the cuts, I'm so going to have to try that idea! It's perfect on this layout, really bringing the attention to the photo yet still being the perfect beautiful touch... Amazing work!!!

scrappinlil said...

Wow Leah...I just love this layout...so precious...and the sketch is awesome...Love the beads and shine...I can see some..TFS

Nanne said...

Aaaaw. Leah, your little one is so precious.. I love your take on this sketch.. Great job using the stars and moon.. Beautiful stuff GF...
hugs
Nanné

LuvinmyLabs said...

What a sweet layout Leah!! I love it. The moon and stars are so cute!! I love how you used all the little pearls too. Great job!!

Tammara said...

That is such a precious layout! I love all the detail.

Becca Fabozzi said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love your LO. Your little one looks so peaceful and adorable. I have a newborn too. I love doing new scrapbook designs for him, as it is a new chance to add love.

Stine said...

LOVE IT LEAH!! He is so cute