Friday, November 13, 2009

SOUS Challenge November 13

This weeks sketch is special to me because it was designed by one of my cricut message board friends Aymee Gandy, you may know her as Southernbellescrapper. She has a wonderful blog that you will find HERE and also one just for her sketches, you'll find that HERE.

Again, thank you Aymee, we are happy to have you at SOUS!


Well this weeks sketch was turned into a 2 page affair when I realized I wanted to finish up our family trip to the pumpkin patch. I got a couple ideas from looking at my scrapbook magazines...one was to use paint on the LO so I dry brushed black acrylic paint on the edges of the paper and the photos, that served as a mat would have. The second idea was randomly placed gems (which don't show up particularly well in this photo)



This is the page based off of the challenge sketch. I flipped things a bit though.



My second page was to hold the rest of the kids photo's from our outing. I tried my hand at a folded ribbon "look". I used black vellum, folded and then hand stitched (boy was that fun- not!) And then laid orange cord (kind of similar to thin shoe string).



Circles were cut from George and then distressed. Paper is from My Minds Eye, Boo To You (my LSS splurge). The centers are from this weird paper I found at a flea market...its kinda like flock but more spongy...odd but cool! The word stickers are from Memories Direct (I now know why we use rub-ons so that there isn't the sheen on a sticker, that bugged me but after I tried to pull of a couple it was taking up the paper..so there they lie).




This design is from Storybook, border design then welded a couple more times. Paper is DCWV white core cardstock so I was able to sand it enough to just show subtly against the same colored background. Here you can also see the black paint along the photo edges.

And that's about it for this week's challenge...hope you all get a chance to pop on over and see what my wonderful girlfriends have done at SOUS!


11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Cool Leah! Very unique elementss on this one. Love the same color border and how you stitched that pleated piece. Neato paper for flower centers too! xxD

Sandy said...

I love it Leah....wonderful techniques...love the color on color the paint accents and the gems....the color on color looks like it is embossed at first glance....wonderful job on the sketch...love the family pix too!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, you rocked this one, GF. Love all the different techniques you used. I agree with Sandy that the color on color is a great idea. Wonderful double layout and oh, what a beautiful family .. the best creation of all.

Jamie Lane said...

I love your circles! Such a great look to the page.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I think it's an awesome lo.. I love all the different technics you used on this. You are so creative.

angiejean said...

This is great. And I love the color choices! (plus what everyone else said! :)

*The_Fisher_Family* said...

LOL!! We really do have many things in common :) Love the lil moo cow!! Yeah I actually used that cut because I loved it on your layout! Thanks for the inspiration! Cant wait for next week this is just what I need to keep myself inspired to scrap :)

Sandy said...

hey girl....just me again...i have something for you on my blog...come and get it!

magicwanda said...

Wow Leah
You sure spent time on this one...and it shows!
How in the world did you sew vellum....lol
I really love all the extra details
AWESOME
Big HUgs Wanda

Fern said...

It's a wonderful 2 pager!! Great family photos!! Love the layered circles, you did a fantastic job on the black vellum, and I really like that sanded bg... Beautiful Layout!! :o)

Tammara said...

Love the two page layout.