Friday, November 20, 2009

SOUS Challenge November 20

This weeks sketch is by Beggahuna. She has just beautiful sketches so I was very excited with this one!
Okay so this was an interesting challenge for me....I tried a couple things that, well lets say, just didn't go too smoothly! I used some of my clear stamps and embossing (the title and all the shapes were embossed and then hand cut) You can kinda see that the title got messed up (the U is too dark) but I guess that's the charm of hand made!
The paper is DCWV Kids Safari stack, a gift from my very good friend and fellow Cricut mb member, Donna. I think that most of you that know me, know her! Thanks D!
Oh can I say one more thing about this...I really adore these photos but tried so hard to find others...following some basic art rules, the picture with the black background should have been the focal photo because of the light colors of the others. It really drove me crazy but this was the batch I had to work with! LOL!

Here is a bit of a close up of the embossing. I did some different combo's with colors and paper, added a couple brads and used Liquid Pearls by Ranger to make my own gem flourishes, and then I touched each with a bright blue stickles for added detail.
Oh and can you see my other boo- boo? Well I tried hand writing another sub title and kept messing up so I layered multiple times with the same printed paper to cover it up! Can you see that? Oh isn't this fun, let's play...Where's Leah's mistakes?...ok done with that game now! LOL!

For those that follow me and have not checked out Stuck on U Sketches...I hope you do so because my fellow DT sisters are amazing!

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!


10 comments:

Sandy said...

Leah...as always just beautiful...what a little lovely your daughter is ... I especially like the photo in the middel...I'm partial to b/w...I love you color choices and the way this came together for you...just stunning!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is just a fabulous girl page. I love the mix of colors you used and your use of the one b/w as a focus. You're gonna have to do a tute on embossing over at SOUS! I'm lame on that one!

Nanne said...

this is such a sweet layout.. I adore the colors and those stars look amazing..
a Tute sounds like a great idea...LOL
hugs
Nanné

Brenda said...

Great job Leah!!! Love the colors and the photos are so beautiful!
hugs
Brenda

CraftyGirly said...

Leah - I have to say... I love every LO you do! I want to copy all of them! Love your style, color choices and the details you add. And I totally agree... a tute on embossing is a great idea! I do some embossing but I'm sure you would have some wonderful new tips I would love to try! :)
Barb

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
AWESOME as always Girl!
She is such a sweetie and I like the hearts great use of the sketch!
Big Hugs Wanda

Margie said...

Well, Leah, you pulled it off! The embossing and hand cutting looks awesome! And what a grin that Jordyn has!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How did this manage to sneak by me? How adorable (but look at that cute little model you had to work with) I hope you and your family have a "wonderful" Thanksgiving. hugs

Fern said...

I think this is a perfect layout for a little princess.!!! What a sweetie you have there!!

Tammara said...

What a darling layout!