Friday, November 27, 2009

SOUS Challenge November 27

We have another great sketch from my buddy Aymee Gandy. Thanks friend for the use of the sketch!
So this is my first sketch challenge turned into a card. Also my first time throwing out my first try...thank goodness the second one worked out! LOL!

At Stuck on U Sketches we realize that with the holidays coming up that many of you will not be able to participate in our challenges so we will be running tutorials the month of December. We hope that you will enjoy those and then join us in the new year for our regular weekly sketch challenge!


Originally I had cut the large snowflake in half to use as the two semi circles but realized they just did not fit...and I also had to remind myself that sketches are never set in stone! So I thought it would look neat and cut it again so the snowflake is in 4 parts laid with a slight gap.

Paper is this years DCWV Christmas paper stack. Images were from a christmas image swap I hosted awhile ago. Snowflake is cut from Joys of the Season. Embossed with swiss dots. Inking is Faded Denim Distress Ink.



I used the light pink Stickles to do all the pink dots on the printed paper and also on the snowflakes (which were red so I painted them with white acrylic paint). My snowman was colored using the Gamsol technique and he was also covered generously with Stickles.






9 comments:

Sandy said...

Leah...this card is so beautiful...the colors the papers...embossing...image and delicate little snowflakes are all just perfectly put together...I love it...you did a fab job gf and I am so happy to be a part of the DT with you!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey Chickie! How was your Thanksgiving? we'll be off to the city today and I'm sure you're still at your Mom's but we've GOT to get together for some crafting time. Don'tcha think? Anyway, LOVE the card. Maybe after the 1st of the year I can play along and do some cards since you know a LO is never gonna happen. LOL Hugs! D

Jo said...

What a cutie ... love the soft colors. Great card!! Joxx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, it turned out just beautiful. I am so jealous you and Donna are going to get together to scrap. (lol) I hope you had a wonderful Thankgiving. Give all those sweet kids a BIG HUG for me, and here one for you [[[[[hug]]]]]]

Nanne said...

This is such a sweet card, I love the little snowmans face.. He is too cute and that snow flake is gorgeous..
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, this is such a great card. It looks so totally frosty .. I lvoe the soft colors and adorable snowman. Great job!

LvScrappin's Blog said...

Love the card.

theneon said...

oh, this is just delightful!

Tammara said...

Oh, I love the colors and that cute lil snowman!