Monday, November 30, 2009

Winter Theme for The Cuttlebug Spot

Such an open theme as winter lead to soooo many ideas that I was a bit overwhelmed! LOL! I really did enjoy this one. I also came back to this project on a few occasions adding just a tad bit more here and there...
The card base is from Storybook, two marque's welded together. The other marque is a stamped image that I hand cut. The reindeer was a dollar stamp for my local craft store (they have the best dollar stamps I have ever seen!) that was square but I punched it out in a circle. Snowflakes were sent to me during a swap years ago (I do not have any snowflake punches but really really want some!!!) It is a simple card but I do enjoy how it turned out and that its not your typical winter card.

Cuttlebug Highlight~ Script folder for the background, inked in a few colors.




And here is a detail picture...I used ribbon, twine and Red Brick distress stickles for the snowflakes...and I guess that's about it!

Thanks for looking!!!!




11 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable!!! I really love how you combined the twine and the ribbon!!! I luv the red stickle flakes!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely "GORGEOUS"..

Margie said...

Gorgeous, Leah!

Joy said...

This card is elegant....I just love it Leah!!
xoxo Joy

Sandi Clarkson said...

Good job, girlie! Love the ribbon mixed with twine.

Sandy said...

BEEEEEEEEEutimus Leah...I love the softness and elegance of this card...lovely!!!!

Tammara said...

Beautiful card!

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
This is so Pretty
I love the shape you used and all the great details.....I really like this!
Great job
Big Hugs Wanda

Mary said...

Hey Leah how the heck are you? The kids are getting so big! I love your cards especially the dainty snowman! Aren't stickles the best. Keep up the great work. I hope to be on here more often and am in the process of setting up a blog so I better get the whip cracking!!! lol, Mary

Anonymous said...

I love this card!! The red snowflakes with stickles are so pretty!

Becky (DrScrappy)

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Leah! I Love the shape of it and the red snowflakes!! Thank you for stopping by my blog...and great idea about the paper piecing also!

Tammy x