Saturday, December 12, 2009

First year teacher gift

Well this is the first year I am making teacher gifts! The idea was pretty simple...Scotti's class is the "Busy Bees!" so I knew I had lots of bee stuff...strangely I do not have as many bee stamps as I thought I would! But this one was perfect to do a set with!

Anyone else notice one is missing? I guess thats what happens when you have to craft at the kitchen table..too many little hands around! And not only did this one card go missing but so did my Versamark ink! Crap!

The cards are simple. I embossed (or rather Scotti did that part) directly onto the card with the swiss dot folder. I embossed the bee stamp in black and then layered with colored cardstock. I used 2 layers of prima flowers and a brad for each...and finished off with using Stickles on the brads and on all the bee wings.

I have a few boxes I picked up at a local flea market and embossed around the edge of the box. Now this for whatever reason was SOOO messy...the embossing powder just stuck to the box...but I decided to go with it so it has a kind of messy, almost distressed look to it.


Mrs Best has post it notes EVERYWHERE...LOL! So I knew giving her more would be a great idea. Originally I was going to do a holder but nothing made sense, as they needed to be super easy access and I just couldn't come up with something that I thought worked. Anyways I could not just give her plain old post it notes so I used Versamark and watermarked one of the bees on EVERY post it note! OK, really....who's idea was that? Geez!

And last but not least I added a beautiful bee ornament and littered the bottom of the box with paper punched bees in the coordinating paper of the card set!

I'll add some ribbon to the box and thats about it! I plan on giving this to her after school on monday! Hope she likes!




7 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh my, can you believe I beat Donna in posting. lol. I am just in shock.
Oh Leah these are just beautiful. Looks like alot of work, I am absolutely sure she is going to love them.

DonnaMundinger said...

I was busy trying to post something myself, Sandy. Cut me some slack! LOL Leah, this turned out sooo cute! You didn't tell me his class was called the busy bees. How perfect for you! I really didn't believe that you were gonna stamp each of those Post it's. Wow, above and beyond. Too cute!!!!!! xxD

Margie said...

Leah, that is so darn cute! Love the entire ensemble! Scotti will be earning major brownie points with this one! LOL!

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
What a fantastic gift ....a lot of work stamping all them!
I love the theme and she will love this also....
Big Hugs Wanda

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job on this Leah. Scott's teacher will love it!

Michele said...

This are so pretty! What a great gift idea. I'm going to do gifts next year, my son only just started daycare so I'm not prepared to do anything... they'll get a card with a packet of hot cocoa or something this year. :)

oh, and yes you can link to a post on my blog if you like! Thanks for asking! :D

Rose-Anne said...

Leah thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. It made me feel special.
I love my family to bits and my students I teach. I love creating.
When i have some time after this week i will have a good look at your blog. It looks impressive.
Big warm hugs across the ocean.