Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reindeer Christmas cards 1 of 3

Ok I have to say that I am extremely excited to show everyone this and because it is a bit picture heavy there will be about 3 posts.

Many of you know the stamp lines by Stampendous but they also have videos you can find on youtube and I am a BIG youtube fan! The videos are perfect for me to sit and watch while I feed my little guy. HERE is the link to my inspiration for these.

Rudolf was a dollar stamp find at my local M's. I never seem to find anything really good there and this was the ONLY holiday stamp I found!

The next 2 images were taken from the youtube video on creating your own plaid with colored pencils. I used Prisma colored pencils and did not use the Gamsol technique. I have always loved the look of colored pencils and thought it added a lot to the image so I did not want to pencil marks blurred as would have happened with the Gamsol.

I chose 4 pencil colors and did one angle of stripes and then the other.



Same thing here only I chose Christmas colors. 2 greens, a red and white.

The following images were colored using only browns.


I had colored all of these and was putting cards together when I realized because of the dark brown paper I used (some paper from the back of a paper stack I think!) that if I used more white then I could have a snowy look. I think this added so very much to the image and love how they turned out!


Next you will see how Stickles adds to all of this!

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOOH TOOOO CUTE!!!! Honestly I thought you had cut these reindeer from paper, Leah! LOVE the way you colored! xxD