Friday, January 8, 2010

Barn Yard Dance

Barn Yard Dance

WELCOME BACK TO SOUS SKETCHES!!!!
I am so happy to be back to our weekly challenges at Stuck on U Sketches!

We had another wonderful sketch from Becky at Page Maps...hope you'll be willing to join and kick off the new year with a crafty bang!

This is Scotti and his kindergarten class celebrating Thanksgiving with a Barn Yard Dance and Friendship Feast. I did get some video which I am so thankful for because the dancing was the cutest thing I had EVER seen! There was a part to the song that said "honor your partner" and you had to bow..oh my gosh! Scotti was soooo cute and he made me laugh out loud EVERY time he bowed! It was too cute but I felt silly because every time I laughed all the other parents would look at me...maybe they didn't feel the same thrill that I did! LOL!

I got to use lots of my new stuff from Christmas on this LO. The background shape for the title was cut from Mini Monograms (and shaped to fit my LO using CDS) but the paper is Grungepaper by Tim Holtz. Just a thinner version of Grungeboard. (And I honestly can not remember what fonts those were..sorry!)


Chicken, barn and tractor were all cut with Everyday Paper Dolls. Can you see into that barn? I had these little tiny animal stickers so there is a cat in the top of the barn, 2 horses inside and that sweet tiny piggy coming out! The paper turned out perfect for this...Bazzill paper that already had that texture on it.

I used many brands here for paper. Printed paper stack from J's by K&Co for most of it. Bazzill. And 2 others I can not remember ;o) helpful aren't I?

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you guys will take a chance to go take a peek over at SOUS and see what my other GF's came up with!!!!!!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Leah....I just love this one...The little barn door with the pig is just such a charming little detail....I love the look and feel of the whole layout....and the pix...well are just precious....wonderful job GF!

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
Wow what awesome details....I love everything about this!
Big Hugs Wanda

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous girlfriend! the details are truly amazing and I love the Mini Monograms title. I can so imagine you busting out in a giggle each time he bowed. LOL xxD

Brenda said...

Awesome job love all the details you added!!!
hugs
Brenda

CraftyGirly said...

This is another amazing LO!! Those letters are so perfect and the little animal stickers are a nice little touch! Love, love, love the papers!! Barb

Sandi Clarkson said...

You know I love this one but will say it again ... omgosh! Perfection!

Michele said...

oh my word! look at the details! that barn just makes me smile!!! I love this Leah!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Very cute layout Leah! Love the papers, the colours are perfect. I can just imagine people looking at you when you were laughing, but sometimes you just see the funny side of things.

hugs
Kaye x

Margie said...

Hi Leah! How cute is this?! I love all the different papers and that barn with the little animals is adorable as is that handsome little farmer in the photo!

Tammara said...

Super darling layout! I love the mm background mats for your title. I am still wanting to try that grungepaper.