Monday, January 18, 2010

Family~ The Cuttlebug Spot 2010 Challenge

Family

This weeks challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot was to use the word or number 10 in a project. I have to tell you guys that I had quite a time getting a photo for this. This is not what I orginally had wanted to do but could not find the other picture.
Of course the subjects couldn't be any better or sweeter for that matter!


The background paper is Dotted Swiss by Bazzill. The light green metallic handmade paper is by Mrs Grossman's and the rest is a line by My Minds Eye.

There were also lots of other goodies used. Liquid Pearls, distress Stickles, fabric covered brads, fibers, handmade and store bought flowers, and distress inks.


I have used it a ton lately and did again for the word, Family. Tim Holtz Grunge Paper. I think this is way way way better then chipboard. Because it is flexible it pulls off so easily from the Cricut mats, just cut at full depth and pressure twice, and its the easiest to do so with using CDS.


Cuttlebug Highlight~ maybe I ought to sit down and write the names of the folders I own...because as usual, I don't know the name of this one. Sorry! But it was used for the frame, paper strip and for the piece with the year date.
Now one day I found that covering an embossed piece of paper with acrylic really made the embossing pop so here I did so with a clear, gel like tag. It was a cheapo from some kit so it did not look as nice as others I have but still turned out cool, I think.

9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Leah, I saw this in person and it's just GORGEOUS! I can't believe how big our baby boy is getting! (Notice I say "OUR"? LOL) Anyway, that grunge paper is soo beautiful when embossed and I think the folder is the textile texture. Love all of your embellies! Smoochies, D

jacque4u2c said...

You did a fantastic job! I love the vintage feel of it! Just so elegant.

magicwanda said...

Wow Leah!
This is awesome such great details...
I got something for ya on my blog.
Big Hugs Wanda

Sandy said...

Beautimus...I love this Leah...really wonderful job on every inch...the embossing, papers, flowers...everything is fantastic...not to mention that beautiful family...hope your hubby is on the mend...I'm so jealous of Donna...wish I could see it in person...maybe someday!

Nanne said...

Beautiful Layout Leah..I love the colors and that photo of the three of them looks great..They are all so cute..You have a beautiful Family..
hugs
nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, this is just the prettiest layout .. wowee! I just adore the colors you used. And the embossing just highlights your fabulous pix! You outdid yourself this week, gf!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout, Leah!! And what precious photos!!!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... I love this LO! You do such a great job with all the embossing... you seem to know all the tricks! And those colors... Perfect! (of course!) And those children... absolutely adorable!
Barb

Tammara said...

Oh, what an absolutely beautiful layout Leah! The textile embossing folder is one of my all time favorites and looks so pretty on that frame. Love the adorable pictures!