Friday, January 29, 2010

Great Grandparents ~SOUS January 29 2010

Great Grandparents
(I am on here to edit real quick and to share my big THANK YOU to Nanne for making me that BeeCherryLady button, how cute is that? I don't quite have the talent she does..thank you so much friend!)

These are my husband's wonderful grandparents, my children's great grandparents. Sadly I have never had the chance to get to know my own so having his near has been a dream come true for me. We visited with them this past weekend because Grandpa is in a rehabilitation center for the elderly while he heals from a broken leg. He has pretty recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. Something I need to read up on because I do not know too much about it. Ok onto happier matters...

This week's sketch at Stuck on U is from a great friend of mine, Aymee Gandy. She is a serious sweetie pie with a major creative gift! She is a constant source of inspiration to me and I am proud we are able to have her sketches to use.


If I am not mistaken this poka dot paper is from last Spring's double sided paper stack by DCWV. What I was just loving is how the distressing turned out, instead of what you'd normally think of by using some shade of brown, try using a color from the paper. Here I picked up the blue and used Broken China distress ink. Love that and will be using this technique again!
Here you can see some of the dimension and other papers used. Other prints are from K&Company, they have a gorgeous shimmer to them and look great with the embossing.

I took one more photo to show more detail. The triple layering to the pink ladybug from Doodlecharm. The flower cuts are from Walk in the Garden. You can see more of the Cuttlebug embossing. And the last detail are the fabric leaves. I hand cut those from sample fabric given to me from the Grandma Lash. They also do upholstry at the mattress factory and they are going to save the samples for me, perfect for crafting!

Thank you so much for your time today...we have had a wonderful time at Stuck on U Sketches and appreciate all the wonderful ladies who have joined with us! Keep coming by...we have a lot of fun ahead of us!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great layout. Love the polka dots with the lady bugs! How sweet of you to give your grandparents in law the chance to know their great grandchildren. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday and leaving such sweet comments. I know I don't get over here very often either...blogging is a lot of work! Have a great weekend!

Sandy said...

Oh miss Leah...how perfectly perfect is this one. I love all your flowers and you cute little ladybugs...love the wire accents too...I adore that you used fabric from the granny....makes the layout even more personal...what fab pics and true blessings...I only new one grandparent as well...my kids were blessed with having 4 greats in their lives...so happy you caught these beautiful memories for your babes and you....oh....love the colored distressing too!!!! You did good!

Sandy said...

I just looked at all my type-o's and thought about redoing the comment....but then thought of the great grammas great advise....excuse all mistakes for love....cya

Sheila said...

This is a beautiful page!! I just love the detail and the lady bugs are soooo cute. Love the precious memories here. Thank you.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, this is seriously gorgeous. Love the embossing and the dc ladybugs are one of my faves! So glad you are keeping up with your family memories!

Michele said...

What an adorable layout! Love your distressing too, I do the same and change up the colors. I am in total love of your ladybugs. I need to use ladybugs sometime... even though I'm not fond of them (they sneak in our house in the fall and we can never get rid of them!) but they are just too cute.

I love baby/grandparent pictures. Those are the best.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Leah that is just an awesome layout.. So glad you are able to enjoy hubby's grandparents... and that you appreciate them.

STAMPMOM9 said...

Leah, Leah, Leah!! Oh my goodness this is awesome , the colors, the ladybugs (which are another favs of mine) I just adore them. The pic , the tag quote all so perfect!!! Yes you heard me, PERFECT!!!! Love it!! Dawn (btw thanks for stopping by, I love when you do, because I know what it is like when you have little ones, I have three that are 5 and under, and four in school, one in the Army, and one in college, and one with my grandbaby girl) So I completely understand!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Dawn :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Just came back because I forgot to say I love your new little bee cherry lady logo. I remember when I first starting purusing the MB, I would look for that name. If she didn't have a new layout there, I just hopped on over to cards. Loved your blonde ringlets too.

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this is so absolutely precious! Those moments with the great grandparents are certainly ones to treasure (and scrap!) The ladybugs really add such a sweet element to this page! They are too cute! And tripled layered! You go girl! I also love the detailed pictures! I know this is something you are working on and you did a fabulous job! It really does show all the amazing detail in your LO! And those fabric leaves rock! so pretty! Thanks for sharing a piece of your world with us... I will be praying for great grandpa!
Barb

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey chickie! So gad to be home but I've not connected by phone. Where are you? Will try again right after posteing. LOVE this layout! Such sweet pix and the dimension on the embellies blow me away. xxD

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

What a beautiful layout Leah! I jusst love all you embellishments and the dimension on them. The papers are so pretty and the photos are such a beatiful sight to see.

hugs
Kaye x

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
What a great layout!
I love the pics and I too never got to meet my Grand parents..they pasted before I was born.
So I am glad you have these moment they are truly Special!
You did a great job capturing that...I love that polka dot paper and the lady bugs super cute page!
Big Hugs Wanda:0)

Nanne said...

I had to re-look and re-look at your layout..just to capture every amazing little detail again and again.. This is so super cute Leah..I adore those little lady bugs..how clever to layer them 3 times..a-huh!! have to remember that one...LOL

hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Hi Leah! This is such a precious memory to scrap and you did a beautiful job on it!! From the wonderful photos to the amazing embellies!! Your layout is just gorgeous!! XXX :o)

Brenda said...

WOW LEAH!!!! This is soooo awesome love all the deatils you added....perfect! And working at Jo-anns ya know I gotta love the fabric leaves that you added!!
Beautiful job!
hugs
Brenda

Tammara said...

Love this precious layout and that you were able to incorporate some of the fabric into it!