Friday, January 15, 2010

Protect and Serve, Love and Cherish ~ SOUS

Protect and Serve, Love and Cherish

I think we picked the best sketches ever for this month over at SOUS and this weeks is by Liz Qualman . You will find her here at at http://lizqualman.blogspot.com/ Please take a moment to check her out because she does some wonderful stuff!

This photo was taken June 2008. My one and only trip away with my husband since we have had kids in 2004.

I know most of you gals know that he is in law enforcement so this trip happened to be for a motorcycle competition in Carson City, NV. He did very well and we had a great time! And scored, I think, my all time favorite photo of he and I!



I just looked everywhere but could not find any scraps left to see what line of paper this was from. Now I normally do not buy single sheets of cardstock but found this and had to have it!


For the title I used, again, Tim Holtz Grungepaper, which I then embossed with Silver Tinsel powder. Side note on doing this, I think it shrinks it just a tad. I then embossed with The Cuttlebug which added just a touch more texture.


(anyone notice my awesome hand cuff necklace? LOLOL!)



This was embossed as well with the same folder.


Carts used~ Going Places, Everyday Paperdolls, Plantin Schoolbook and A Childs Year

11 comments:

Margie said...

Awesome layout, Leah! Love the papers and that embossed motorcycle is just too cool! What a great pic. You guys look very happy!

magicwanda said...

Ok Leah , this turned out AWESOME.....
Great pic of you guys! And I am lovin the necklace! Great details ...love the embossing.
Big Hugs Wanda

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS, girlfriend! Love the layout, title, and the PIC! How adorable is that!?! The perfect couple. You need another vacation! LOL xxD

Tammara said...

I love the photo and the layout is too sweet! Super cute and fun necklace!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh what a beautiful lo

Sandi Clarkson said...

Yep, I agree .. you look like the perfect couple! Fantastic job on the sketch! You're a whiz zt that embossing girlie! Geat job incorporating all those law enforcment details. We all need to edify our guys more! Have a fab weekend!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah - you totally rocked this LO! I can see why you had to have the paper... totally cool! Great job with all the embossing... especially on the motorcycle! Love the pic of you and your man... great looking couple!
Barb

Sandy said...

Leah...you did such a fab job on this layout...I love love love your take on the sketch...I really enjoy looking at all the strong embellishments you have on this page...and the embossing is wonderful...I love the metallic look to the title as well...and how gorgeous are you two...I thought you said you wanted your 'sexy' back...doesn't look like you ever lost it to me....you done good GF!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, thank you for suggesting to do the sketch. I did! I posted it on my blog and I also linked you to my blog. You do beautiful work! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Nanne said...

This is such a cute layout Leah.. and you two make such a cute happy couple, your smiles say it all..
I have a little something for you on my blog..So, come on by and grab it..
hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Good lookin' couple!! Cute embellies!! Wonderful layout, Leah!!