Friday, January 22, 2010

The Words They Say~ SOUS January 22

The Words They Say

We have a wonderful sketch this week by Beggahuna. I really love her sketches and always find them so versatile! Please check out Stuck on U Sketches for the other gals interpretations of this sketch.

Well this weeks page has been in my head for a long time, I just needed a photo for it. And when ordering online some old photos, I came across this one. It shows her at the perfect age for all those darling little words and sayings!

I love this set of printed paper from K&Co. and thought these really were wonderful with the colors of the photo but that meant figuring out what colors to do the images in...I decided to keep those neutral in fear that all the colors would be too much!

What were some of those words my little Jordyn said? Police off-ifer, hiccup (makeup), pooh pies (french fries), butt cakes (cupcakes), opa meal (oatmeal) and wondy wear (underwear). Plus many more sweet and silly things!

One of the details that is hard to see is that I outlined all the images with stickles so it adds just a bit more definition. Lots of inking and faux stitching.

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you'll join us at SOUS with this weeks sketch!




15 comments:

Sandy said...

Ohhhh Leah...how precous is this...what a beauty and what a wonderful memory to capture in such a fun and creative way. You did a fabulous job on this one. I love the little words...so very cute...ya got me thinkin....need to do this for my boys...if I can remember...LOL...Michael called spider webs waterspouts because we always sang the itsy bitsy spider went up the waterspout...LOL...they do make you smile! I love the way you journaled around the circle...you have beautiful handwriting! All the cuts in the images to represent what she is saying is priceless...wonderful job!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute for WORDS, girlfriend! Of course a super pic of Jordy but your journaling is what always blows me away! So cute to have the little cuts by the sayings too. Really creative! xxD

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, Leah, this is adorable. I have meant to do one of these for my daughters but I keep forgetting. Love how you did your journaling! Great idea. And your cuts are GREAT! And that photo is so, so sweet. Good job!

scrappinlil said...

This is just so adorable..I love how you incorporated the food, I keep forgetting to make one with my dd and the words she used to say...I love the way you did your journaling...TFS

Nanne said...

Leah, that is just so super duper cute..My sons used to say the cutest things as well, but with time I seemed to have forgotten most of them..sad really.. This is such a great way to remember them when she's older.. this layout will make you laugh one day, I promise..
hugs
Nanné

CraftyGirl said...

Okay... first of all... totally jealous of your beautiful, flawless handwriting around the circle! Totally love this LO! It really makes me wish I would have taken the time to write down some of the things my children have said over the years! This will be treasured forever!

Scossie Jane said...

Beautiful layout Leah, it just all goes together so beautifully, the colours the elements, love it. And what a treasure to journal all those special little things from childhood, your handwriting is awesome by the way. My daughter called a fly a 'modie' (?) and a ladybird was a 'ladymodie' - go figure - she's 28 now - memories....

Hugs jane xx

Tammara said...

Leah, that is such a fantastic layout. Your creativity is awesome!

AmandaB said...

Leah,I just love your layout.. What a great way to capture the memory of the things your child says... :0)

Debbie said...

Such a sweet layout. Brings back so many memories for me with my kids. Precious photo and great detail work.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

I love it! Love the theme, the colors, and the picture is just adorable!

Beatriz

magicwanda said...

Awwww
Leah
What a cute cute layout!
I love this idea what a great way of remembering all the cool stuff... I love how you did you journaling
Great job!
Big Hugs
Wanda

Kelly said...

Ahhhh, what a sweet layout! Love the colors and such a cute picture!

Fern said...

This is something that she will enjoy in the future, and get a good giggle out of... What a cute idea and very creative way to scrap it... I love it!!!!

Michele said...

Oh I love this! I so need to write down and scrap some of my son's funny sayings. I love how you embellished it to go with the funny words. Awesome!