Monday, January 25, 2010

Zappy Birthday ~The Cuttlebug Spot

Zappy Birthday

This weeks challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot is black and silver.
I knew the paper would be easy as seeing this silver paper from DCWV metallic stack is the only silver paper I have. And then I thought of this stamp set given to me by a fellow cricut mb member!
The embossing folder was borrowed from my friend Donna (actually borrowed twice!) I made the card once, took pictures and gave the card to my best friends son for his 4th birthday. Then I lost the card chip and had to remake it, therefore had to borrow the folder again. Thanks David for bringing it by!

I had a great time constructing this card (both times, LOL!). I made my first spinner card as well as, I think is what is being called an easel card. Both were so easy to make and so much fun and it gives the card that extra punch!


Here is a close up of my little robot friend. I added a bit of Stickle Glitz to him, the color was a perfect combo! He, as well as his blaster were embossed with black powder.


Here is a close up of the spinner portion. I hand wrote Zap in the window part. The planet was embossed with Silver Tinsel embossing powder (which is simply an embossing powder that has a bit of a ruff texture, making it really look like metal in person). You can also see the sliver gems added to some of the stars.

This is just showing how the card stands up! I made a standard sized card then cut another piece the same width but an extra inch were I scored and taped it to make an extra flap.


I wanted to add this last photo so that I can show you when the card is opened there is a panel that is embossed in the star folder as well. Highlighted with small silver spots. What is nice about this is when the card is completely opened there is a place to write and a side embossed, makes a great detail for inside the card!


I thought I would share with you guys that I am going to try and write a little more when I post, I have posted lately when I am short on time and have not given the detail here that I want to. And I always love reading everyone's posts so I thought I would try harder with that.

Hope you get a chance to see what the other designers have done over at The Cuttlebug Spot!

7 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Just lovin' the metallic look!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that robot. Where did you get him?
alicewong@telusplanet.net

CraftyGirl said...

Super cute card Leah! I love all the embossed stars and you know I love the stickles!! Way to bling it up!
Barb

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
This is just 2 darn CUTE
You did a great job on details too....
Big Hugs Wanda:)

Sandy said...

To stinkin cute Miss Leah...I too love the mettalic look and what a cute sentiment...Zappy Birthday...lololol only you...your so funny. Great work!

STAMPMOM9 said...

Toooo cute, I love robots!! This is adorable..I like the way it stands up. Cody is growing up and sitting up too. Garsh so fast they grow. My youngest is 18months now. I know I need to update stuff. I just got a new computer, I have been here several times to leave you comments and they never took, also I could not login to my SB.com account...it was on Mozilla but on Internet Explorer I could only thing was nothing was in the favorites. The other computer is soooo slow too. Anyhoo wanted to thank you for stopping by and all your sweet wonderful comments, sorry it took so long. Zappy Birthday is just the cutest!! Take care, Dawn Gallop

The6ofusinca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD HONEY!!! I LOVE YOUR WORK SWEETIE PIE!!!

XOXOXO!!!
JEN