Monday, February 15, 2010

Altered Frig Frames ~The Cuttlebug Spot~

Altered Frames


So this was a pretty easy and fun project to do. My MIL had given me a couple frames from Old Navy and there they sat on my frig (photo-less I may add).

When Nilda chose this project idea for this week at TCS, I thought these would be perfect!

I wanted to do a little gift, that was in time for Valentines Day, as a thank you to one of the mom's at my son's school. The great part is that the class are the busy bees and I had some black and white bee paper so it will remind her of our class connection!



I also made a card to match with the left over flowers and I think it all turned out pretty cute!


My sweet friend Donna gave me this limited edition CB folder for Christmas and I thought it would add a neat texture to this card and to some of the flowers as well.
I nervously hand wrote the sentiment on the front with a white gel pen and a little doodling. Boy that could have turned out bad! LOL!


Now onto the flowers....

Some of these did not photograph too well showing the added texture by using the CB folders but it really does just add another dimension to them...


Black branches are a Martha punch...


I used the Icicle Stickles on the flowers....


And inked these up well with Black Soot, Brick Red and Vintage Photo distress inks....


Each flower is different because I got to play with them as I did them..experimenting with each design! All pieces were cut with a punch, which was great and easy. Perfect since the inking took some time.
I cut around the edges of some, tried folding techniques with others, or just wrinkled them all up! I could not believe how fun they were to put together...makes me want to make my own garden!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look this week!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

And thank you Justin for my Easter cart for Valentines Day even if I asked how much it cost...I liked it but I really liked the card even more. Love ya! (but my gift to you was better, no?)

9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

ADORABLE Leah! We're gonna have to get together and you can show me how to make those fabulous flowers! LOVE them! xxD

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow these look fab Leah! Love the embossing folder, not seen that one. The flowers are beautiful great techniques.

hugs
Kaye x

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah! I love the colors and the flowers are awesome!what a great technique. Thanks for sharing!

magicwanda said...

Wow
Leah
These turned out great , what a cute idea
I have a few of them my self might have to try this....Big HUgs Wanda:-)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how adorable.. love those flowers...

Kelly said...

Oooooh love those flowers! You are so funny...I've got 2 frames on my frig right now without photos in them!

Margie said...

How PRETTY, Leah!!! Love the papers and your flowers are awesome! AND a matching card? You're making us all look bad, ya know!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow girl!! These are soooooo beautiful!! What a show off!! :) Love, love, love the flowers! They are all so amazing and I love the way each one is different... just like real flowers! Now you are going to make me feel guilty for the empty frames sitting around my house!! LOL!!
Barb

Sandi Clarkson said...

Well, Leah, I'm slow in getting here this week but you already know I love these! What a great job on those flowers .. wow wee x's 2! Fab embossing and I can't beleive you have such great handwriting .. mine is just awful! You are such an inspiration!