Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Card ~The Cuttlebug Spot~ and a little video


Isla Mechelle


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we are having a real challenge...double embossing! Nilda has a wonderful tutorial on this technique and you will find that HERE.

Ok so I totally cheated this week...my best crafting compadre Donna came over and graciously let me use the templates she had already slaved over! I do not own (yet) any Nesties so I would have had to get really creative to take part of this challenge (and between you and me, I am not feeling particularly creative this week.) So a BIG thanks girlfriend for your help, plus it was nice to get to visit with you (and Jordie thinks so too!)

My husbands very best (and only) friend (LOL!) just had a baby girl on tuesday. Isla Mechelle. This is my friend Selena's first child and she really really wanted a little girl and she waited until the baby's birth to find out the sex...what a wonderful surprise!

So I made this card for them...


I think that maybe next time I would make the card smaller because after putting it together I think there is too much "empty" space...but thats ok.
Here is a close up of the double embossing action! I chose the "reverse" so the Nesties embossing is actually "up", a really neat look.


I took this in hopes to show how lovely the shimmery paper looks! I used Martha punches for the tiny flowers and butterflies. A little Stickles for flower centers and I called this card done! Of course you look at the end result and think "simple"...so that just means it took you 2 hours instead of 2 days! LOL! But then again...only us fellow crafters would understand that!

Happy Monday!



Ok so I took this silly little video of baby Cody and wanted to share it because...well it's too stinking cute! LOL! This is Cody at 8 months old...is he sad or is he happy? You be the judge


16 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo, first to comment! I had a ball with you the other day. Miss our crafty moments. This really turned out fabulous, Leah! I'm sure momma and baby loved it. What a pretty name and beautiful handwriting on your card. That Cody cracks me up and so did (baby hee,hee Jordie). love ya! xxD

Margie said...

Oh my gosh, you BIG FAT CHEATER! LOL! It's adorable Leah! Love the pretty color and the choice of embossing folder is just perfect for this card! Your friends will love it! That little Cody is so darn cute! It's only Monday but I've had my fill of babies for the week! James deleted my entire blog post this morning and I had to re-do it! UGH!

Brenda said...

awww it is sooo pretty Leah!!!
hugs
Brenda

~JulieH~ said...

What a pretty card Leah I love the pink and lilac and how you recersed your nestie embossing. Gorgeous card! And Cody is adorable!
Hugs
Juliexx

CraftyGirl said...

Leah.... how sweet is baby Cody!?! OMG!! I sooo miss that stage!! (Not enough to start again... I already have 4 after all!) But this is just too precious... even more than that adorable card you made!! And the card is adorable...those tiny butterflies are so sweet and your double embossing turned out great... I need to figure out how to use those nesties.... in my free time!!
Barb :)

Jennifer said...

Love the card, Leah. And love the video of Cody...what a cutie patootie!! I see that he's a thumb sucker...so was Evan and I miss it now that he quit.

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Very beautiful card! I've been making cards today too as I just got a big order. Love the colors and every detail is very nice. The video is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, the card is fabulouso! Love the purple tones! But oh my, so sorry .. but the baby video took the show! So stinkin' cute!

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
Great card I think it turned out great I love the embossing and I don't think it has to much empty space at all....
I LOVE the video of Cody such a cutie!
Give him a big squeeze for me , I so miss the little ones.
Big Hugs Wanda:-)

Sandi Clarkson said...

psst! I got an award for you over on my blog!

Kelly said...

OMG Leah, the card is GORGEOUS! Love the purple and white and all the butterflies are awesome! The video of Cody is precious! I can't believe how big he has gotten, it seems like just yesterday! Have a great Tueday!

Sandy said...

Okay...I love love love the card...the white on white flowers are superdee duper and those butterflies...well you know I am a sucker for those....you remind me so much of myself ms leah...listening to you in the background of the video just made me smile...and Cody...well lets see...i think he knows just how to get his mamma's attention...lol...isn't it amazing how those tiny fingers can just wrap our hearts around them...thanx for sharing this...I took Mcauley to enroll in High School last night...not so wonderful...my poor baby was just overwhelmed...I think he still has me wrapped around his finger too!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Oh Leah your card is beautiful and I think the size is just perfect! I just love the butterflies and the colours.

Cody is so sweet in the video, like Sandy said they know how to wrap us around their little fingers. So cute !

hugs
Kaye x

KateB said...

I can't make cards to save my life so I'm always in awe of those who make gorgeous ones...love the beautiful background and the butterflies! Added you to my sidebar as part of my inspiring blogs of the week...I lurked around and loved tons of stuff on your blog LOL
KateB
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

Jamie Lane said...

Leah, this is adorable! You should enter it in the frosteddesigns.blogspot.com handwriting challeng!!

Fern said...

What a beautiful card, Leah!! The embossing is just gorgeous!!
I have a blog award for you Leah, over on my blog!!
Have a wonderful day!!!