Monday, February 1, 2010

Bee-utiful ~The Cuttlebug Spot~


Bee-utiful

So this weeks challenge is to use a product from 3M. I had a pack of photo paper by Post It. I did try it with the printer but the photo quality was awful so here I decided to go ahead and directly emboss it. The product could be good if you were to be printed text but not photos, unless perhaps you were doing black and white, but I am not sure. Either way, of course for crafting we kinda need it to stick...and uh, stay. So I had to use extra adhesive. Not too sure we will need this new line of paper in papercrafts....


The stamps are from a line carried at Joann's. Not sure the name of the line as I took everything out of the packaging. I do know it is a value set that comes with a block as well as an ink pad. Of course I picked it up bee-cause I loved the little bees! I embossed the butterflies white on white. The bees and word were embossed with distress embossing powder and the pearls are Liquid Pearl (by Ranger). The card has a bit of a different feel to it with the shiny versus ruff texture of the embossing but I kinda of like it! Looks like a short and sweet post for today! LOL!

Please take a chance to go see what everyone else has done at The Cuttlebug Spot. Nilda has changed the rules and all you have to do is leave a comment to be considered for the weekly giveaway! Hope you'll come by!



9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I LOVE this Leah! The white on white embossing and the liquid pearls, and then the pop of the gold bee and sentiment. Wow! Just BEE-utiful! xxD

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, Leah, this is so pretty. I love white on white cards with embossing! And of coursethe ltitle bee is just your signature! Great job GF!

mow180 said...

Such a beautiful card. It is elegant and cute at the same time. I love it!

Sandy said...

HI Leah...this is gorgeamus!!!!I love all the white and you are the high priestess of embossing GF....this week seems a bit crazy...I'm glad I took a moment during lunch to check out your fabulous blog...cuz this card rocks!

Kelly said...

OMG Leah, this is BEE-utiful!! I love white on white but never seem to be able to pull it off very well but yours is absolutely stunning!

STAMPMOM9 said...

Good Morning Leah, OOOOOOO so pretty and sweet!! Love the butterflies and the embossing in perfect!! Very very PRETTY!!!!! Girl I had a little tear in my eye when I read your comment, that is soooo sweet and GF I know all about your feelings and being torn between everything. It has caused a many of issues in my life...hubby gets jealous, things do suffer. But what I do is I have limits, I fold so much laundry(I will never be done) I always catch up on the washing and hanging out but never on the folding. I just get everyone to bed and then when dh falls out I come up to my craft room and work till 2am...yes I am tired but I adjust.....lots of hot tea. Well anyway girl you can do it!! Trust me there are plenty of times I feel soooooo over whelmed and feel like I will never see the sky again with everything on top of me......My oldest ones give me more drama than the little ones.....give me 10 little ones to one teenager!! lol!! Well I better go enough of my silliness.....TAKE CARE, Dawn

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... Girl you can emboss! I am always impressed with every project you do! And I am lovin' this white on white! Wow! It has such a sweet look and the touch of color with the bee is perfect!! I am lovin' that liquid pearl too... may have to add that to my shoppin list... thanks! Like that list isn't long enough already!! Great card!
Barb

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

wow..... Leah this is so pretty! I love the color scheme, the embossing and the theme! It is gorgeous! I see you've been busy.... luv it!

chelemom said...

This is beautiful! I love the tone on tone colors with just a hint of gold!