Monday, March 1, 2010

Have a dino-mite day ~ The Cuttlebug Spot~



Have a dino-mite day!



It is time to celebrate St Patty's day and what better way to celebrate the Irish then with a 'green' project!



Last week at The Cuttlebug Spot we used a technique of double embossing using Nesties and a CB folder, this is another example of that technique and you will find Nilda's (our leader at TCS) video HERE to help you with that. (Thank you again Donna for your help with this!)



I can not give myself credit for the idea of this card..all my inspiration came from my DT sister at TCS, Margie. Margie recently did a darling altered frame project and used the same embossing folder with her Dino-mite design! Thanks Margie for your idea! hehe!



Ok so I knew I wanted to use a dinosaur but I didn't want to get out my Cricut and I own no dino stamps. What to do, what to do? Well I Googled "cute dinosaur clipart" and found picture after picture of darling little dino's. I picked my favorite and sketched my own version. After I got him correct I went over it again in black ink and filled it in with markers. (pretty cute, huh?)




Here is a close up of Dinny the Dino.




I did this extra photo because I like how it showed the Nestie embossing as well as the popped oval with the bones in the back.




And the bottom half of the card. I (again) hand wrote my sentiment. I am finding handwriting better then dealing with the 1/2 hour of fooling with my crumby printer or simply not owning the right stamp for the project.! I used pinking shears to cut the side of the card and some detail on the card. After I folded up a corner of the green paper (well because an edge had gotten screwed up so I thought, hey fold that puppy up!) I thought it looked cool to trim the yellow background as well as the card itself along the same angle.




BONUS card!

My older sister just had her birthday last week and this was for her. I simple and quick card with my brand new Hero Art stamp "clouds". I am a big time youtube video fan and loved this stamp when I saw it used in projects...I am pretty excited to see what else I can do with it!

The balloons were hand drawn and cut with Cricut paper (you know those old stacks of 6x12 paper? that my husband ramdomly picked out when purchasing me a cart for Valentines Day)



Thank you for your time this fabulous monday...and I hope you will take just a moment to see the other F.U.N. projects posted at The Spot! xoxo! Leah




13 comments:

AmandaB said...

Leah, I am loving both your cards especially the dino-mite one.. That dino stamp is to stink'in cute... As for our kiddos, I can't believe how big they are getting as while.. It seem like just last month we were big preggers chating it up on the cricut message board.. Man, time sure does fly..Talk to you later girlie..

Amanda :0)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, these cards are just adorable! Love all the details. Very nice work!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... look at you... you little show off!! Now you are an artist too?!! who knew?!! Love your little dinosaur.. and I love even more when you are so honest about your mistakes and cover them up!! Heehee!! Good thing I never make any when doing my projects!! LOL!!! But seriously.. both cards are adorable!! And that handwriting.... awesome!! You go girl!!
Barb :)

Monique said...

Great cards Leah. Really love the dino card, not only for kids, i'm sure adults will love it too. The embossing is so fit to the subject.
Thanks for sharing

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Stop by my blog today. I have something there for you :)
http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/03/awarded-twice-in-one-day.html

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very very cute...

DonnaMundinger said...

As cute as can BE, Leah! Adorable drawings , my dear and I love your embellies. You crack me up with your honesty about your booboos. And here I thought it was a design element. LOL LOVE your clouds and balloons, too! May have to come over and stamp a few. (Oh, and BTW, my first card was WAY creepier. I decided to clean it up for human consumption.) :D xxD

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow Leah that little Dino is so cute, well drawn, definately not something I would attempt. Love the turned corner, great effect even if it was a mistake. Love the simplicity of the clouds cards. What a great stamp.

hugs
Kaye x

Sandi Clarkson said...

h, you crack me up! Sucha funny girl but wow you little card maker you! Great job and I bet she loved it!

Sandy said...

These are fab ms leah...I love the dino card...the mesh ribbon and the paperclip are the bomb...plus I just have a passion for dinos...must be momofboyssss related...lol...great work!

Kelly said...

You did a great job Leah...who would think that it's not a rubber stamp!

Joy-N-Jesus said...

just stopped in to say hi and check out your beautiful creations! Love the Dino-card! So darn cute! Hope all is well! Blessings!

Jennifer said...

Super cute!! Love all the stuff that you used on your card and that little dino is just too cute.