Friday, February 12, 2010

SO Fabulous ~SOUS February 12~

SO Fabulous



Well we have yet another sketch from the so fabulous Liz Qualman. She is a scrapbooker herself and a wonderful sketch artist (I have yet to see something she has done that I do not like!) Please, if you haven't so far, go check her out!

Oh no, I almost forgot to share the exciting news for SOUS this week..we have our very first Guest Designer...Magical Wanda! Please check out her blog if you have not, she is amazing!


This is a special LO to me because it is my first one with just my niece Maddie. I was there for her birth and have taken care of her since she was a toddler. She is more a sister to my kids then a cousin. What cracks me up is how similar some of her sassy faces are to my daughter Jordyn. Family ties! LOL! And she will soon be performing in her first play! I am so proud of her! 9 years old is looking pretty big to me!


onto the LO....printed paper is K&Co. Solid cardstock and glitter cardstock is DCWV.



Butterfly and So Fabulous are cuts from Graphically Speaking. Everything else is a mish mash of my supplies. There were some subtle details here that I had fun adding. Little dots of silver metallic pen. A rubber stamp with a distressed splatter look (you can see that better on the solid pieces of paper in the next 2 photos). Rhinestones on brads. And my funky black fiber.



I added the next few photos because well...we know how much we love to see more photos! LOL! Its great to see the whole LO but we'd miss the details if it were not for these extra's...




I could not believe how gorgeous the title came out! I (again) used my grungepaper and then layered the DCWV glitter cardstock on top of it. It all cut perfectly and added a ton to the page!


And well...we'll call it a day! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and please check out what my friends did at SOUS with this very same sketch!

12 comments:

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
I love this it has a kinda Mode feel to it!
I like the papers you used and the colors...
It's funny because My neice is soooo close to my Daughter that they could be Sisters....lol
told you we had a lot in common!
Big Hugs and Thank you for picking me!
Wanda:-)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Leah, LOVE this page! Maddie sure is growing up and I'll bet she's gonna love it too. Thanks for showing all of the fabulous details. Too cute! xxD

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, this is so pretty! Love all the details and the colors you chose, very nice. Have a blessed and loving Valentine's Day!!!

Beatriz

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is a So Fabulous layout .. sorry couldn't help myself LOL So glad you add your close-ups so I could see all the little embellies .. the whole thing is so girly and sparkly. We have a Maddie in our family too! btw. Also, I really like the clock hand in there .. fab touch! Hugs!

Sheila said...

This is so pretty! Love all the little embellies and look you even wrote 2009 in the little heart. Love the fibre and look at the cutie in the photo! Thanks for sharing.

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... girl...this ROCKS! I think this is my favorite of your LOs so far. (And you have had some pretty spectacular ones!) You have so many extras but they are done in such a subtle way that they add to the fabulous look but don't deter from the photo! (She is a beautiful young lady btw!!) Love all the extra paper clippy things you used but I am totally digging that title! WOW!! So cool!! I am going to seriously be using some of these ideas in my daughter's LOs!! Thanks for another great LO that inspires! You and the girls at SOUS are really amazing!
Barb

Kelly said...

Gorgeous layout Leah! I've been out of town and not able to visit as I'd like. So I'm off to see all the other fabulous creations of yours that I've missed this past week. Big Hugz :)

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow gorgeous layout Leah! Your neice is a little stunner. Just love the pink and black and grunge board looks great (something I have still never used).

hugs
Kaye x

Brenda said...

AWESOME job Leah!!!!Love the colors and the glitter!!!
Sorry I was late on the last challenge...but I did get it done!
hugs
Brenda

STAMPMOM9 said...

Beautiful Leah, The colors are perfect and Maddie is so pretty. AWESOME!!! The design rocks!! I soooo love the watch hand in the title....AMAZING!! Elegant and beautiful!! Oh yeah I saw the frame at the Cuttlebug Spot...stunning!!! Gorgeous girly!! Take Care and Have a Wonderful week. Dawn

Fern said...

Beautiful LO, Leah!! Your niece is soo cute! Love the colors you used and the DP is perfect!! And I'm really lovin' those fibers!!! XXX

Tammara said...

I love that bee paper and the flowers you made out of it are so darling! I also love all the extra's on this layout, they really make it a fun page!