Monday, March 22, 2010

Bee Me ~The Cuttlebug Spot~

Bee Me



I thought this weeks challenge for The Cuttlebug Spot was pretty cool...



If I had wings....I would be....



Well pretty simple for me to choose with my love of bees. Not sure where the obsession started or why. Funny because my girlfriends and I signed a pledge to get bee tattoos when we were freshman in highschool. One did get a bee tattoo, another one but not a bee...and no tattoos for me (now don't feel bad because I had more piercings (all gone now) then they could ever have tattoos!) LOL! Ok gettting super off topic here...



This is my very first scrapbook page of me! I took this photo while we were doing photos at Christmas time, got to love the $4 coupons for JCPennys!

Around the flower circles I wrote...mommy, sister, daugher, friend, nature, create, fun, so silly, happy, faith and



This page is also for my DT spot for Generations Crafting. The paper line is Bo Bunny Flower Child Free Bird and some pieces from Love Beads and Bo Bunny Double Dot in Paprika and Coffee Dot. (you will be seeing more from these lines!)



I also used Prima's Say it In Crystals, Doodlebug Sugar Coating and Stickles. Lots of gorgeous bling can be found at this great store as well!





Font is Storybook. Photo frame is from A Childs Year. Flowers and bees are from Walk in the Garden.

Cuttlebug Highlight~ Swiss Dots for the circles under each flower, distressed and the bee wings.

Other supplies. Gold and Silver ink. Apron lace border punch. White gel pen. I think that about covers it! Thanks for checking this out and when you have a chance...head over to The Cuttlebug Spot for some inspiration and then to Generations Crafting for some shopping! Sounds like a good day to me!!!!

14 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Good morning sunshine! This page is beautiful! You look so pretty and the colors you use make everything stand out. I also loved your journaling and doodling with the white pen, it brings it out. Uh... I love the title... being a "Bea" myself I love anything with bees.
Happy Monday!!!!

Margie said...

You bee beautiful, girl! LOL! LOVE the fun flowers and the hand doodling! Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

DonnaMundinger said...

You know I was considering using a bee, but I knew you'd have it covered. LOL Beautiful pic, Leah! (how come you don't ALWAYS look like that? JK, Sweetie, you're ALWAYS beautiful to me :-D ) Maybe I'll start doing layouts and you can doodle and write on them for me. I'm always amazed what a great job you do on that. Love this! xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Leah what a beautiful picture and I so love the way your journaling around the circles... It is just beautiful...

Fern said...

Beautiful photo, Leah!! I love the bling, and aren't you the creative one with the writing and doodling around the flowers!! I absolutely luv it!!!! XXX

Stine said...

Love it!! Beautiful picture! Love the picture frame, almost wondering if I should get a childs year just because of that one.

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

It is always good to do a layout on yourself and you did an awesome job on this. Love all the flowers with the wording around them and the colours are beautiful. Gorgeous photo too!

hugs
Kaye x

CraftyGirl said...

Wow Leah... this is GORGEOUS!! And so are you!! Love the way you used the words to describe yourself around the flowers... and your bees are adorable! Glad you never got the tattoo... right now I am trying to keep my oldest daughter from getting them... gotta say I am losing that battle big time!! LOL!! Love these papers... it is clearly time for me to go shopping!!
Barb :)

magicwanda said...

Hi my Beautiful crazy friend
I love this and you look great!
Stop on over to my blog ....got an award for you.
Big Hugs Wanda:-D

Kelly said...

Great layout and fabulous picture Leah. Love those flowers and of course that bees!

Sandy said...

This is so beautiful Leah...but how could you go wrong with just a lovely subject...I really like all the flowers and the writing around them...you have such pretty handwriting...the picture of you is gorgeous and the way this all came together is just perfect....just stunning....every inch of it!

Monique said...

Beautiful LO, love the bling and all in one colour, it worked out fabulous

Jennifer said...

Beautiful page, Leah and I love that pic of you!!

Tammara said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you and I love the layout with the bee's and flowers--fantastic!