Monday, March 29, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Color and Stamp Challenge

We had a neat double challenge this week for The Cuttlebug Spot.

Nilda challenges us to not only use a stamp on our project but to ONLY use the blog colors..green, pink, black and white!

I had this stamp for awhile and had never used it so I knew I wanted to use of and try something different with it.

I stamped the image onto green cardstock with Versamark and used white embossing powder. I stamped the image a second time making sure I only inked the outside of the image and not the butterflies on the inside. Then I cut the "blank" inside and CBed that with Floral Fantasy (that as well as the white card base.) I stamped the image a third time onto pink paper with white embossing powder and cut the butterflies out and popped those with dimensional squares.



In this photo you can see what I did a little better...the inside part that was cut out and the embossing, both with powders and the Cuttlebug. I used textured DCWV cardstock for this because I wanted to lightly sand the inside embossing so that it would show a little better and it gave a bit more interest with the texture, you can see it well with the pink paper.

I finished this off with adding some adhesive gems.



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for your new week! Please if you get a chance...see what my DT sisters did with their projects!

10 comments:

Margie said...

Love your techniques, Leah! Such a fun, Spring card! Just looking at Cody's picture...he's getting SO BIG! What a cutie pie!

DonnaMundinger said...

This is GORGEOUS, girlfriend! LOVE that stamp and the embossing you chose is perfect! xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very nicely done Leah..

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... all of this layering is soooo cool! Love it! The combinations of all your embossing techniques looks fab!!
And btw... picked up your buddy Richard today at the book store! Can't wait to leave for spring break so I can get to know him a little better and compare him to my buddy Nicholas!! But if you say he's good... then I have to take your word for it!! lol!!
Barb :)

Kelly said...

Great take on the challenge Leah. Your embossing is fabulous!

magicwanda said...

Hey Leah
I really like this card ....
I love the colors and the embossing
Great job
Big Hugs Wanda:-D

Tammara said...

That is such a beautiful card Leah! Love the design and all the texture on it!

Fern said...

WOW Leah, this turned out beautiful!! At first when I read the color combo, I thought that it would be hard, but you did a fantastic job with them!!!!
I have a little Sunshine over on my blog for you if you would like to come and get it!!! XX Have a wonderful evening!!!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah.... see, I would go to this class in a second! It is beautiful! Love, love the idea, the colors, the details and the technique is so cool! Happy Tuesday!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

What a beautiful colour combo! Really like all the embossing folders you used and the stamp is gorgeous!

hugs
Kaye x