Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lollipop Bouquet


Lollipop Bouquet


Or wolly-pops as my daughter would call them!

I thought since kids often celebrate their birthdays in school that Jordyn could bring goodies to her dance class. I asked her what treat she wanted to bring and wolly-pops was her choice!

I couldn't just give out a plain old piece of candy and came up with this idea!

Flowers were cut from Mini Monograms at 3 and 4 inches. I cut a slit into the middle of each flower, wrapped it around the lollipop and used small pieces of tape to insure it keeping in place. Butterflies is a MS punch (my only one which is why I use it so often) cut from orange glitter paper. PP is DCWV spring stack 2009.

I have to laugh at my "vase"! I couldn't find anything the right size until I came across my flour sifter. Totally kid friendly and has a handle! Perfect!

My little girl picked the paper (just glad they had so many coordinating prints!)

Happy Hump Day!



11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, what an adorable idea. I know the kids will go crazy when they seen them.. GReat project.

CraftyGirl said...

Well... aren't you just mom of the year!! These are adorable!! I love that this is a project that I could do with my daughter so she could have some ownership in it... she is big into that right now!! sometimes thats good... sometimes not so good... oh well!! LOL!! And I have to admit... that vase rocks!! Isn't it amazing how us mothers can just improvise with anything!! Too cute!!

And ... in response to your comment... I have 4 children (What was I thinking?!!!!)
Courtney - 20
Kristin - 18
Matt - 17 and
Little Lauren turns 8 in a few weeks!
I totally have to get the party planning going! She wants a rock star theme (Go figure - thanks Hannah Montana!!) So... any great ideas for activities, decorations, etc. send them my way... it looks at though you have plenty of fun ideas just waiting to come out!! LOL!! Have a fabulous St. Patty's Day!!
Barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful Wolly-Pop bouquet. When I look at your photos - they are always so fun - but I must admit I am thankful those years are over! Long over!

Kim said...

I came over to check out your lovely blog and became a follower! Awesome stuff ya gots here! :) Oh by the way...are you wearing green yet because I came over to pinch you too! LOL!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah... this is so yummy! what a beautiful idea! I bet your kids will love this one. Happy St. Pat's Day!

DonnaMundinger said...

Couldn't be cuter, Leah! The colors are just gorgeous! You go, Jordyn! Cannot believe she's gonna be 4! ( I've gotta come to class some time.) xxD

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah
Such a cool idea and sooo cute!
They turned out great, those wolly pops did...lol
I love it....
Hugs Wanda;-D

Sandy said...

just the cutest wolly pop bouquet i've ever seen!!!! you done good mom....bet she was so proud to share these lovely treats!

The Cropping Canuck said...

The wolly-pops are so cute. My DD would be all over that project.

Kelly said...

Too cute! How creative and your choice of colors and paper is fabulous!!

Tammara said...

How cute is that with the butterflies on top of the lollipops! Cute cute cute!