Friday, March 26, 2010

Monstrous Kind of Love ~SOUS Challenge~

Monstrous Kind of Love
This week at Stuck on U Sketches we chose a sketch from my friend Aymee Gandy!

I have to say that this sketch is by far my favorite of hers..at least for now that is!

This photo is one of my all time favorites of my son. I was at my parents house in the backyard with my entire family playing ball and goofing around...got this photo while my son was laying in the grass (cute photo but he paid for it later with the rash he got from rolling around!)

Maybe I should be on a DT for DCWV since I think I only use their paper! LOL! (ok maybe not "only" but close!) Printed paper is from Doodling Around, prints for all year. LOVE this stack! I pretty much fell in love with the whole stack just over these little glittered monsters!



Well of course now I have no idea what fonts I used (maybe I should get into the habit of jotting down notes as I do some of these projects.) I cut the title out of Grundgepaper, inked it with Distress Inks. Cut layers for the eyes out of glitter paper and added a googley eye.



After I cut this out I realized that the font didn't show up enough so I put it over the printed paper. That did not turn up exactly how I wanted it but thats ok. I do love the heart from Indie Art (thanks Donna!) that was covered in Stickles.

The brown border is actually a piece of fabric I cut out of a fabric sample book, along with a piece of green fiber from a lot I bought off of Ebay (need to find another one of those! they were great!)


I knew I needed something in this corner because I wanted to follow the sketch but I just didn't know what to put there...until I figured I could paper piece my own matching little monster! And that's what I did!

I hand drew the monster with the same "sketchy" outline as the printed paper monsters. Punched the circle eyes and used white and yellow behind them and paper pieced the rest of him. I also added some Stickles here and there.



This shows some of the detail better along with the glitter I added to it!


And the last picture shows my journaling. I used a border punch and added some random brads to every other spot.

I guess that about covers it! I am really excited to get started on another LO and to use these bold, fun and funky prints! Makes me happy just to put the project together!



Have a great weekend all!


15 comments:

Kelly said...

Super cute layout Leah. Love how you used the googly eyes for the O's in monstrous. That is such a good picture of Scotti too! Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

So adorable! I love absolutely everything about this LO, you did a fantastic job!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Really cute layout Leah! Love the hand drawn monster, clever you! Scotti really is a little cutie and looks like he was having a lot of fun.

hugs
Kaye x

Jennifer said...

Cute, cute, and more cute!! Love the monster paper and the pic of Scotti is just adorable. You also just reminded me that I have that Stack and have never used it. TFS

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

So cute! Scotti is a cutie and his monster as adorable as he is! Great job my friend. Happy Friday!

CraftyGirl said...

Okay... seriously.. could this be any cuter?!! First off... let's just get this out there... that photo of your son is sooooo fabulously cute!! Love it!! And the papers... I use a TON of DCWV too!! i think they work great when you have kids. Everytime I go paper shopping, I am just drawn to them!! And making your own monster!! Look at you ... full of all that talent!! You rocked this LO Leah!!
Barb :)

CraftyGirl said...

Oh.. me again.. forgot to mention how great that title is... I love the eyes and the heart!! so much fun!!
Barb :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Leah! So cute to see Scotti again before his "big boy" hair cuts. How creative is this title and that adorable monster you made YOURSELF! Love this! xxD

Debbie said...

Way too cute Leah! I also love DCWV paper packs. I have way too many of them. This one I do not have. Your photo is great. Just love that big smile on his face! The title rocks!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, you are the master at cute! Of course, those pix of your kids just make every layout. But I especailly adore this one. Love the bright colors this week .. and that monster, cute, cute cute!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love it - Love it - Love it! This is just toooooo cute. All the little monsters! including the handsome one in the grass!!! The title is just perfect. This page has it all!

Fern said...

What a fun layout, Leah!!! Super cute embellies and title, and your son is a sweetie!!! This is just super cute!!!! XXXX

Sandy said...

Love it! The googly eyes, the monster, the title and font...well just every little inch of it....what cutie Scotti is...and 2 1/2 is such a fun age...they grow up quick huh! You did a fab job with the DCWV papers I love them too...have tons of them I need to do a layout with them sometime...used to use them allllll the time....you rocked this sketch GF!

Tammara said...

Oh Leah, this is too precious for words! I love everything about it!

Star Rork said...

I have never seen this pp, I LOVE it! You did a awesome job with this!