Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Girl ~Generations Crafting~


My Girl

I really need to take a moment before I continue with my post to apologize to everyone that has handed me wonderful blog awards! I know we all had a few coming around, even from weeks past...I SOOOO totally appreciate that I am thought of, that I have you guys as friends! So PLEASE forgive me for not posting them! I did, or hope I did, go to each of you and thank you so you do know that I acknowledged them....and I do plan on being much better in the future!
Thank you friends!
Wanda, Amanda, Sandy, Monique and Barb
(I think there may be more but I just can't remember, guess I should keep better track!)
(Let me know if I did indeed miss you and I'll put you in! xoxo!)


These fun pages are for my DT spot for Generations Crafting!

When recently emailing with Floren, the owner, she said that this line by Bo Bunny, Flower Child was her favorite line by this past CHA.

You can find the entire line Bo Bunny Flower Child HERE!



Well since I am really doing these projects to show case the product at Generations Crafting, I figured I should stretch myself and see what I can do with the printed paper! And I have to say that I do enjoy a "challenge" if you will...I find myself ever growing in this craft and I love that!


So with that said I used the design cut out from Aquarius (the blue swirl) and put that over Far Out. I distressed the edges to bring a bit more texture (not that you need too much with this paper!) but it did help to define the edge a bit more.



I used another part from Aquarius for the bottom right corner on top of Hippy. Now because of the blue in Aquarius I punched blue circles from Groovy and added those over the design on Hippy, the flowers on the top. The print itself has more color but I liked the extra blue!




I used Cosmo Cricket black chipboard and covered it in Flower Child (red side) to match the LO. This is my very first time covering chipboard and it was a bit time consuming but I thought it turned out great! I did learn a few tricks rather quickly!


My all time favorite craft glue, and pretty much what I use exclusively is Tombow Mulit (in the green and white bottle). This was the first time that I used the larger tip but it was beyond perfect for spreading the glue in a larger area, and in a thin layer. I first tried cutting the paper around with scissors but realized my pen craft knife would work best and that made it pretty darn easy to do! Then I distressed the edges using my Basic Grey Precision set and used the tool (or any tool) rubbing down. Let me explain...if you are holding the piece in your fingers, you use your tool and distress sweeping AWAY from your body. That way you will not pull up the paper that you just glued down!

(and because the glue is so quick to dry, by the time all the pieces were assembled I did not have to wait to distress!)


If you haven't tried covering chipboard, I would highly suggest it and with those little tips, you should have no problems!




This is my very very very first time ever using rub-ons and these are also by Cosmo Cricket. You can find lots of great looking rub-ons HERE!


You can also see a bit better my photo mats. The first layer is Love Beads and the blue is Turquoise Double Dot.


Oh can I say that the Bo Bunny Double Dot paper might just be one of my total favorite lines! It is double sided heavy weight paper with a dot print on one side and a solid on the other! Floren has matching pieces of this with the lines for Bo Bunny...really smart if you are looking to put together a line!


Lastly I have a picture of how I used that blue circle to cover part of the design...I added a few MS butterflies (I do find I use them often because they are the perfect, simple last touch to add on any project). I also made my own teeny tiny pearls using Ranger Liquid Pearls.



Thank you for checking this out and if you need paper...I have to say that I think the collection of lines at Generations Crafting is pretty unusual and therefore a great place to look!

8 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this is gorgeous!! And what a cutie Patootie!! :) These papers are so fun, I can see why you like to play with them.. and they work well for kid layouts!! the brighter the better, right?!! And I love covering letters with the papers I need, but it does take a bit of patience! Thanks goodness for my little file set!! Yours turned out fab!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday.. I got "The Locket"... have you read it yet? I went to Borders and they only had a couple of his books... hopefully this isn't one where I should read them in order because I am pretty sure I am starting in the middle!!! We leave Friday morning for our 8 night cruise!! Can't wait to get into the sunshine!! Kind of sad though, it will be the first week since I found SOUS that I won't be playing along!! Oh well, I guess I will have to do it when I get back even if it isn't officially posted!! lol!! I have a feeling the vacation will be worth it!! Have a fabulous day... the sun is actually shining here today!!
Barb :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, this is beautiful! I love everything you did with those lines. They came out just perfect. And your daughter is so pretty! The title is perfect. Happy Wednesday!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, hon, this is adorable. Love both of the ones you sent me last night. What a fab job! I love covering chipboard but haven't done it too often since getting my Cricut! Well, I"m anxious for Friday's post! First decent scrapping out of me in a while. Have a great day!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how gorgeous. You are always so creative in everything you do. I absolutely love it.

Kelly said...

Oh my Leah, this layout is gorgeous. I love the bring colors and the way cocked the R in the title. The pictures of Jordyn are precious.

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow gorgeous layout Leah, beautiful papers too. Jordyn is such a little cutie.

I too am bad with posting awards, but truly appreciate the fact that people thought of me, we will catch up one day.

hugs
Kaye x

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow...this is gorgeous Leah...all those bright colors and the brightest thing on the layout your little baby girl!!! I love how you put this design together and the papers are the bomb!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow, GREAT JOB on this, Leah! Love how you cut the designs from the other paper to add to this and the distressing gives it that extra something! Jordyn is just precious in these pix (isn't she always!) Love the addition of the Double Dot mats. My fave paper too! xxD