Monday, March 8, 2010

Road Trip ~SOUS March 12~


Road Trip
Tahoe 2000


Here is a peek at this weeks sketch from PageMaps.

We have a little spin on this weeks challenge at Stuck on U. One of our wonderful sponsors, Generations Crafting, has donated paper and the Design Team had to come up with not only a take on this weeks sketch but with the SAME paper as one another!

If your coming here first, please check out SOUS to see the other cool interpertations of the same sketch with the same paper...but with totally different outcomes!





The road sign shape is from Going Places. I cut that twice and cut the pattern paper to fit the inside of it. The word "road" is black chipboard from Cosmo Cricket. The word "trip" is Alphalicious. I used a ticket paper punch for a couple pieces. I hand cut the trees, embossed with Swiss Dots and then used a black marker to highlight the spots. And did lots of writing!

Pretty simple this week in terms of what I used. But let me tell you that it was challenge enough to have to use those papers...and I mean "all" the papers! While challenging it was a lot of fun as well!

I have had these photos for awhile...and have many more! My 2 childhood friends and I have gone to Tahoe for vacations together since the early 90's. I have some of the most treasured photos of those trips! Would be fun to put together an album someday!






Thank you for checking this out and have a wonderful and safe weekend!

12 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this rocks!! I love this! It looks like you and the girls are having so much fun... that is so great that you still get together with them! Great Memories!! And love your trees... super cute! And you were able to use all the patterns!! Bonus!! Have a great weekend!
Barb :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, this is so pretty! I love what you did with the Christmas trees, beautiful work. Love how you captured the sketch map. Another great work! Happy Friday!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow, great job, Leah! Can't imagine using ALL of the papers but your layout is sooo pretty! Great memories of girly trips are the best! Love this! xxD

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh, I forgot to say how much I love how you wrote Tahoe at the top and bottom in the different ways. That sort of journaling frame is getting to be your signature and I love it! xxD

Debbie said...

Great layout Leah! Love the trees and how you wrote on the top and bottom of your layout!

Michele said...

oh my goodness! What a clever way to use those papers, those trees are awesome!!! I love this!

cinmfoster said...

Great layout. Love the trees with the embossing and will have do the black marker trick. Thanks for the inspiration

Fern said...

WOW, Leah, what a fabulous layout!! And I love the way you used the PP, very clever!! And I think it's fantastic that you girls get together still!! Cute photos!!

tsrel said...

The trees are absolutely gorgeous(sp). I love how you used the swiss dots and then the black just popped them even more.

Sandy said...

Such a fun layout and wonderful memories...what a great tradition you and your sisters will treasure forever...they are so lucky to have such a talented sweetie to save all of this so lovingly....you did a great job with the sketch and the papers..this turned out beautifully!

Kelly said...

What a wonderful layout that is sure to bring back memories for you and your sisters! Love the mix of papers and the trees are awesome!

Tammara said...

Super fantastic layout! Love those trees and the road sign.