Friday, March 19, 2010

Snowy Wishes ~SOUS March 19~



Snowy Wishes



This week we have another guest designer at Stuck on U Sketches. She is a fellow Cricut MB gal (JBock) and one hell of a scrapbooker! If you frequent the LO forums then at some point would have seen her Disney album posted in 2008 with well over 100 comments..it still manages to get bumped up! She is extremely creative and is a wonder with Cricut cuts!

I am also pleased to say she is a very good friend of mine, I feel honored to have her join us!

Thank you Jennifer for playing along!





Not too long ago I posted a little video of my sweeties playing in the snow. The FIRST snow I can ever remember at my own home! Ok, so maybe some of you will look at this and laugh but for us...it was total excitement! It was barely light enough to get these photos as it was very early morning. A memory I will certainly treasure! (Donna I still can't believe we had snow!)






Printed paper is from DCWV. The Peppermint stack (pink glitter) was a Joann's exclusive. And the fun and very sweet snowman print is from the printed paper Christmas stack from last year.




This large felt piece was something that my niece gave me. Thought it would be good for my crafting and turns out she was right on!




Snowy Wishes is cut from Winter Woodland (my first time using the cart!)










Snowflakes are a punch. Lots of Stickle Glitz "gems". DCWV glitter stack for the white here and the blue snowman.







This is Frankie, my neighborhood watch dog...NO! you may not crap on my yard! ;o) Really lets not get me started on people not picking up after pets..do you know we partically play "dodge the poo" on the way to school everyday!







Just welded a few circles together in DS for the snowman. Layered 3 times, blue glitter, white cardstock and pink cardstock from DCWV. The pink fiber has a bit of sheen to it and was also put across the bottom ban on the LO, on that blue snowflake print I also put tiny dots of Stickles.




Also want to say Happy Birthday to Jordyn! My baby girl turns 4 tomorrow! Love you my little Pinkie!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun layout Leah! Love the title and how you added the snowflakes! The snowman is adorable and the picture of your neighbors dog is too funny! I can't believe Jordyn is turning 4...Happy Birthday Jordyn!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Good morning sunshine! I love, love your page! The photos are just precious and everything you did to capture the sketch is perfect. Love the colors, the embellishments and the title. Happy Friday! Keep smiling and scrappin'!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this is so stinkin' cute!! I find it funny that you consider that snow... living in Indiana, we don't even count it as snow until we have to bust out our snowblowers!! LOL!! But I can only imagine the excitement of your children seeing snow in their yard for the very first time!!! And you did a fabulous job with the pictures! So cute!! Jordyn looks like she is having so much fun!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your baby girl!! She is a sweety!!
Barb :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I'll never forget that day! What time did you call me? LOL (Of course I was up) Very happy memories here. (Can't believe you put the poo dog in this one. LOL) Adorable layout here, girly and Happy Birthday to Jordy! I still can't believe she's 4! xxD

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just tooo adorable! Love -love - love the photos, its obvious the children are loving the snow... I thought I was going to spit my coffee out all over the screen when I saw the little dog! HOW FUNNY! And no we won't discuss~I feel the same way! Great page. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Fern said...

Leah, this is too cute!!! Fun photos or your adorable children!!! Super cute embellies and I love the colors... And, I totally agree with you on the doggie dooooooo issue... If people are going to have them, they need to clean up after them!! Anyway, your layout is adorable!!!!! XXXX

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How cute Leah.. and yes I saw that dog too. lol.. AND Happy birthday to Jordyn.

CraftyGirl said...

Hey Girly!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!! I know you receive like a batrillion (I know... totally made that word up!) awards, but I am awarding you with another one! Stop on over and pick it up!!
Barb :)

CraftyGirl said...

Leah.. I am sooooo happy to hear that I have a long lost cousin out there... because if you met my cousins, you would know that there is no way possible I am related to them!!! lol!! That seriously cracks me up that our lists are so similar!! and thanks for the author tip! I am really bad about finding one I like, and then I read all of their books, when I run out, I am lost!! And your tip comes at a good time... spring break is around the corner!! I will certainly by trying Richard out very soon!! Would love to do the email thing... you can find me at barbcraft@comcast.net!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! It's back to work for me tomorrow... big bummer!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!
Barb :)

Debbie said...

Leah - this is so cute! Looks like your daughter enjoyed the moment. I miss those days when mine were young and enjoyed playing in the snow. Love the colors on the layout, and the paper goes so well with her coat!

Tammara said...

That little dog is too funny! Love the layout and that felt snowflake is perfect!