Friday, March 5, 2010

~SOUS Challenge March 5~

Untitled

A sketch with some bling bling challenge!




This week we have a wonderful sketch by Becky at Pagemaps!
And as if that is not enough we also have a wonderful guest designer at Stuck on U for this week, Debbie Burns. You will find her blog HERE. Thank you so much Debbie for joining us this week, we love love your take on the sketch!

As for me, well I think this is pretty different for me. Something softer with a slight Asian feel to it. The photo is a family shot from 2007. This was my first evening out after I had had my daughter (ok, this may freak some of you out but she was well over a year old, I nursed exclusively so she was "attached" so to speak! LOL!) I got to buy a new dress and a red one to boot! Is wearing red to loud at a wedding? awww who cares, I looked hot! LOL!




Here is a close up of the family...my BIL, Jerrell, Kerri, myself, my Dad (aka, Pop Pop, also known as Russ), Amy, my niece (Kerri's DD) Maddie at about age 7 (who was part of the wedding party), Katie and my Mom (aka, Marco, also known as Linda)



Now for some close ups!

All printed paper was from DCWV's The Far East stack.
All cuts from Storybook.



I used Stickles Glitz for added shine as well as rhinestones.
As this is white core cardstock I used my handy sanding block and distressed all the edges.



I am soooooo sad, you have no idea, that this next detail just did not photograph well, if at all.
And here comes the story....
So because this was a bling challenge, I thought I would add some shine by using my Pearl Ex.
I chose my colors, a chunky bronze and golden yellow and mixed that with a little water in my mini mister sprayers.
Remember that chunky part? Well that wouldn't spray out (and has offically ruined that sprayer)
Ok, next try. I mix golden yellow with a reddy pink. And spill it! ok ok, deep breath. I pick up and funnel it back in using the craft mat...where I knock over the package and spill (thank God closed) bottles onto the floor.
I finish up and put everything away only to realize I want to do more, so I start all over again, minus the mishaps, and add a bit more.

So, the photo frame as well as the large scallop piece have the most beautiful shine to it. A touch that makes this LO lovely in person!

And one last picture for good measure! LOL!

I have to say that this week has been the most smooth moving and project filled week I have had in awhile! It is great to feel a little mojo flowing through the veins!

Have a wonderful weekend all and see you monday with my Cuttlebug Spot project!


17 comments:

Stine said...

Lovely layout Leah!! Beautiful family!Did not find the time to any crafting at all this week as Peter have been ill and fussy, but will hopefully be back again this week...liked the sketch very much!!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Well with the all the mishaps you made a stunning layout. Beautiful photo of your family. Love all the embellies and bling.

hugs
Kaye x

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Beautiful page Leah. I love the details and the soft colors. Beautiful photograph! The bling is great! Happy Friday!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well dear, you certainly stood out! Had to do a double take. One hot mama is right! Not used to seeing your hair with CURLS! Gorgeous layout! Your spray story is too funny. that's why I rarely mess with that stuff. Love the little extra touches like that cool netting. Really beautiful! xxD

CraftyGirl said...

Wow Leah!!! This is stunning... seriously I love every detail about this page!! It may have taken a few mishaps to get it done.. but soooo worth it!! :) And yes.. you can wear red to a wedding...espcially when you look hot!! Heehee!! Gorgeous picture of you btw!!
Barb :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Morning, Leah, well afternoon now .. had to hop over and see the close-ups! Love the dress and do I see the curls that I loved?? Oh, you want to hear about the layout, right? Fab job, very soft and feminine .. even with the guys. LOL Love the netting and all the shimmer. Loved hearing about your mishaps, too, although one would never know! Great SB cuts. Totally divine!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely gorgeous lO.. and yes you are one hot mama in red... (you would be one hot mama in any color...

Debbie said...

Leah this is lovely! What a beautiful family picture! Love all the details and especially love the black butterflies! To me they are the perfect accent for your beautiful picture. Thanks for letting me be a part of SOUS this week!

Fern said...

This is beautiful, Leah!! The layers are amazing, the butterflies are beautiful!! Love the texture the netting adds and the shine!! Gorgeous photo!! And yes, I would much rather see the red at the wedding than all of the black!! XXX

Sandy said...

oooo la la...lady in red! Love the pic and the layout is a stunner...what a fab job you did...do you ever wonder if thing came off without a hitch if they would end up as perfect in the end? You did an amazing job with the challenge this week...and I say you are the prettiest bling on the page!

Kelly said...

What a great layout for a fabulous picture. You put so much detail into this and I love it. Love the butterflies!

Tammy said...

Of course this page is awesome! Love it!

Also, you had asked about the edging on my "Forrest Gump" layout. I have a Cutterpede cutter, and I used the deckle blade for that edge. Hope this helps! And thanks for your kind words!

Curt said...

I have something for you on my blog...just a little token of appreciation for your work!

www.craftincurt.blogspot.com

Nanne said...

Your too funny with being hot at a wedding, especially when its not your own...LOL
The red dress is beautiful and you look so happy with your whole family..How lucky you really are..
Love your take on the sketch and of the asian feel.. fab colors, nice and soft just like you wanted.. I love it!!
hugs
Nanné

Nerrida said...

This layout is beautiful Leah - must have taken quite a bit of work.

Kim C said...

Fabulous job Leah!! I love all the detail and bling! and as for the mishaps...that's where it's at... :) I've been 'Stuck On' cards but am working my way back to 'U' with a LO... thanks much for your support and your inspiration... Great job!!

Tammara said...

Leah, this is just so stunning! I absolutely love the family picture--I love every detail and those black butterflies are so beautiful.