Friday, April 2, 2010

Tweet Hearts


Tweet Hearts





I really love this sketch. These are by Jolene and she is new to me but I look forward to exploring her work more! You will find her link HERE. I don't think when I started with Stuck on U that I would have ever said, "I love a sketch" but things have changed! I followed this sketch rather strictly and had such a good time using my new DCWV Flower Shower stacks! Debbie, I thought of you while I was putting this together! Thanks for the inspiration!







I was trying to figure out what to do for my title and while I was digging around in my stuff I came across a tub of foam letters and thought that was just perfect! Can't believe how well it fit in the space!



I am having a blast coming up with different journaling ideas and for this page I followed the shape of the clouds and also went across the bottom of the LO as well. Plus I have always like to write...and as a matter of fact this week I finally decided to give up the last of my journals (well except one from elementary school! thats too fun to give up!) So being able to write on my LO's brings just a bit more of me to my pages!




I used a page from the stack and cut out the bird house singly and added them to the page with pop dots.



In this paper stack there is a whole page of borders so I cut apart pieces that I liked and layered them together along with a border punch and texture ribbon from the dollar bins at J's.

That pretty much covers it! Hope you enjoy and hope to see your take on the sketch linked up to MrLinky this week at SOUS!




I also wanted to share with my followers that Floren at Generations Crafting has a wonderful offer for you! Any purchase (over $10) the month of April (ends the 30th) will include some FREE Prima BLING!
Now come on...who doesn't like Bling and who doesn't like the word FREE!


I am not the biggest on trying to sell you all something and I wouldn't if I didn't love this shop and the paper options and lines that they carry....


You can check it all out HERE! Oh and don't forget to mention when you purchase that I sent you for that freebie! Thanks guys!

14 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Where the heck have I been to miss this! SOOO adorable Leah! I just got that stack myself and it's sooo beautiful! LOVE how you journaled around the clouds! Sooo special! xxD

Fern said...

Beautiful layout, Leah!!! Love the colors and super "tweet" photos!!!!! XXXXX

Nanne said...

Leah, that is so super tweet of you to add such beautiful creative journaling to you layout.. Your hand writing is amazing, makes mine look like chicken scratch..LOL
I adore these papers, they are so much fun to look at and such a clever idea to cut the bird houses from the papers..
hugs
Nanné
p.s I would never ignore you...LOL :oD

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Just love your page and look at all that journaling! Love it, just tooo tweet!

Monique said...

it's a wonderful page, so cheerfull, love the little birdie and birdhouses.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, how tweet this is. I love the way you did the whole layout.

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
what a pretty layout....
Ireally like what you have done with it
Great job
Wishing you and your family a Blessed Easter.
Big Hugs Wanda:-D

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Such a precious layout Leah. Your children are very photogenic and good at sitting for photos. Love how you have done the journalling around the clouds. Hope your having a good Easter.

hugs
Kaye x

Margie said...

What a sweet layout, Leah! I just love the colors and I really like how you cut out the birdhouses! I have a bucket of those foam letters and never thought they would look good on paper. WRONG! They look like puffy clouds.

Nanne said...

Got something for you on my blog..come and get it quick...
hugs
Nanné

Kelly said...

Great layout Leah. Love the paper you used and the birdhouses are awesome. Supe cute pics of the kids too! Happy Easter...I hope you are having a wonderful day!

debbiebakk said...

Beautiful layout and love the details. You always have a kind word ot two for those who post on the MB and for me too. So when you get a chance I'm leaving an award on my blog for you to pick up http://debbiebakk.blogspot.com

~Christina~ said...

What an adorable title!!! I love this layout :)

Debbie said...

Super sweet Leah! Glad I inspired you. This is such a great paper pack. Love your group photos! So cute!