Friday, April 23, 2010

Calla Lilies ~The Cuttlebug Spot~


Calla Lilies

I thought this was a neat challenge this week for The Cuttlebug Spot. Your favorite flower. Well I just adore flowers really and find most of them just stunning but I am the worse at knowing any names (that and dogs, I swear I only know like 3 breeds) wow am I off topic...
my favorite flower...calla lilies! I find them elegant and exotic and just plain different!

My challenge was were to find this flower to put onto a project. I recalled some good old stickers I had and came across some neat vellum stickers and low and behold, calla lilies!

The card base is Papertrey Ink kraft cardstock. For any of you looking for the worlds best cardstock, lets say for card bases...I swear this stuff is so thick! I was completely impressed!



Cuttlebug Highlight~ I started with Birds and Swirls and then embossed over that with the Journaling Card folder.

To highlight the design I used Tattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Dried Marigold Distress Inks. I used a small paint brush dipped in water to subtly add color to various parts of the embossed image.


I layered the vellum sticker over Bo Bunny Double Dot paper. But because of doing that the color in the vellum sticker was washed out. I also used the Distress Inks to add some more color to the sticker as well.



And the most important part of this post is....


ok I know not everyone likes to have their birthday spilled to the masses but I know how much we all adore her and would want a chance to wish her a happy birthday (which is tomorrow by the way!)

Love ya lots and lots Donna!

15 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card and the flowers are indeed lovely. Happy Birthday Donna!

Joy said...

Beautiful!!! Love the lilies and the embossing and I LOVE the wicked apple card too!!
xoxo Joy

Crayola58 said...

What a lovely card. I love calla lillies
Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a sweet comment.
Carole

magicwanda said...

Oh my Leah
I really like this card...what a great job you did on it!
I love the embossing and coloring....wow!
Hugs Wanda ;-D

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... I am sooo proud of you!! You used the Cuttlebug for your Cuttlebug project this week!! LOL!! I know... I couldn't just let that one go!! But... your card is beautiful and so are those flowers!! I - like you - have no clue what half of the flowers names actually are... I tend to give them pet names that I like!! Love how you used the vellum stickers.. and your embossing rocks!!
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

This card is beautiful!!!

Dropping in to say congratulations!!! Your "Wicked" card was selected by the fairies to receive a showcase award!!! We are so excited by your talent!

Thank you for playing and we hope you decide to come back again!!!

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Hey Leah..Thanks so much for the comment on my blog....Do you have a facebook? Would love to chat with ya..I made that facebook for my scrapping friends..Not to really connect with friends from Highschool or college...E-mail me if you want to connect on facebook..skianorman@comcast.net...Krista

Maureen Reiss said...

sooooooooo pretty!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossing.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful card Miss Leah, and can I say FAB Embobsing this week LOL. And congrats on your Wicked card showcase!

Kim C said...

I love it...beautiful job!! and you picked my favorite flowers even... Thanks! :)

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah this is just beautiful, I adore Calla Lillies. Love the double embossing, two fab folders and they go so well together. The highlighting looks amazing, great job!

hugs
Kaye x

CelticWoman said...

Leah, beautiful lillies, love the card, yes I remember you, thanks so much for visiting my blog, one of these days I will get some time and will be able to pop on over to the msg board, hope all is well. Hugs

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, I love this card and the embossing is so soft and subtle, but adds character. Very pretty!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

So where the heck was I when this got posted? Thanks for the b-day shout out Sweetie! LOVE this card. I do love Callas and the embossing on the kraft is sooo pretty here! Great chalking! LOVE it! xxD