Monday, April 12, 2010

Celebrate ~The Cuttlebug Spot~


Celebrate

This weeks challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot was BLING!

And it is also the Spring Blog Hop Challenge! You will find the info at The Cuttlebug Spot but also at Practical Scrappers...check them out! There are a TON of prizes to be won!

I have got to say that I don't consider myself a "bling" girl...though I do own most of the colors by Stickles! ;o)

With that said I got an order in from Joann.com and bought myself some new product and got to use them on this project! Lots of fun to work with new stuff!



Cuttlebug Highlight~ Journaling Card, Herringbone and Argyle

This photo shows how I put together the card...the Journaling Card folder is approx a standard size card so I thought it would be fun to use it as is. Then by looking at it some more I realized if I adhered the top to another embossed piece then that could serve as the inside of the card and that worked great!



The image was a RAK from someone on the Cricut MB so I don't know where it came from. But it is awful cute!

I colored with my Prisma pencils and instead of blending with mineral spirits, I blended using the white pencil color. Worked really well!

I embossed on white cardstock with the Argyle folder for the inner circle.


A little bummed that I couldn't seem to get a good photo to show my "bling". But you can see a bit...

I used my new Distressed Stickles Rock Candy to cover the entire stamped image. I bought this product after watching this Tim Holtz video on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8UAaVPrVw&feature=PlayList&p=9EED0F53DBC32C1F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=33

Ok so the video is really for Crackle paint which I did get but haven't used yet...okay anywho...more about the Rock Candy Stickles...if you do use it you will see the first time that when you use the product it looks completely clear and I wondered why on earth I had wasted my money! Well it turns out that it has to dry to see. And what do you see? A very clear and almost vintage type of sparkle. Its not glittery or shimmery exactly, it really does have its own look and I think it is perfect to use on top of stamped images. I will have to get creative and see what else I can use it with.


And he is my male version. Embossed with the Herringbone folder.

Both cards (or the embossed circles) were dusted with my new Perfect Pearls. I own Pearl Ex but not Perfect Pearls. Both products are very similar but I did like that Perfect Pearls could be set with water! Unfortunelty the shimmer from that did not photograph though you can see some color from it.


Terribly fuzzy photo but you can see the texture better with the embossing, bad pic but I added it in...

Last little details is the shimmery fiber I had in my stash and this is my first project using a stapler! My husband bought me some crappy NO staple stapler which doesn't really work and I finally remembered to buy an actual stapler! LOL!


I kind of forgot about this clear stamp set from the dollar area at Target for birthdays, I just love this word stamp and will have to use this set again! I also covered the entire area of this with the Rock Candy Distressed Stickles.





10 comments:

Sandy said...

really cute cards leah...you did great with the bling challenge...just too cute the way you put these together!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love how you used that journaling card, Leah! I'll be scraplifting that idea FOR SURE! The bling from you new stuff looks really cool. Can't wait to see it in person. The cards are adorable and I love how you made one for a girl AND a boy! xxD

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great cards, Leah. Your posts are always such a hoot! I have a new project up to but haven't had many comments yet. Guess everyone is busy with taxes ... cya!

Kelly said...

Really cute cards Leah. Great take on the challenge!

Southernbelle said...

Leah!! I totally love your cards! You rocked this challenge out gf! But I also wanted to stop by and say how touched I was by your recent comment on my blog!!! I just cried! You are such a sweetie gf and I too feel like I have a special connection with you! You are a brilliant designer and I know you will go far in the scrappy world! I count myself so blessed to have you as a friend! God bless you hon! I really appreciate you stopping by my blog! That means the world to me!

Big hugs!
Have a great week!!!
Aymee

Joy-N-Jesus said...

Oh those are such great cards girl! You are awesome! I love the layout in your last post too! The colors and the way it is so "boy" but so creative is wonderful! Great work!

oh, and your comments was enough to make me cry! I love it that there is another that Loves her family and Her LORD! I just LOVE It! Your kids are so cute and happy 10 months to your little man! WOW! Time just doesn't stop; does it! Well, you almost ready for another?

Many blessing to you my sweet friend, and maybe someday we will meet on this earth, but if not we will hang and praise together in Heaven!

Love always,
Jewels

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah
For not being a bling girl you did a great job.
I love the images and you colored them nicely... I like that note book look.
Big Hugs Wanda:-D

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, these are beautiful! Love your colors and everything you did. Happy Tuesday!

Audrey Frelx said...

I love your cards, and your blog!!! I am so glad Cindy created this "Blogdom" entry.

I've been browsing ahead through you posts and I have really enjoyed my visit. Didn't comment as I browsed because one of my hands is on the mend leaving me having to type with just my right hand.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit me, please do -- I love company and you'll always be welcome.

Oh, would you be interested in submitting these cute little cards in my showcase? If you decide to visit, you can check out the showcases.

I'll be seeing you! I'm becoming a follower!

Audrey Frelx said...

Dropping in again to say thanks for visiting me, I enjoyed knowing you came by and hope to see you at my place again!

I'll be seeing you!