Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy? Sad? Who Cares, I'm With Dad! ~SOUS April 30~



Happy? Sad? Who Cares I'm With Dad!


Well today's reveal is our first 2 page sketch (I think! LOL!) and it is by Beggahuna! I really enjoy her sketches and find them extremely versatile! You can find her work here. I feel really lucky we have so many awesome choices for sketches these days!




I had a few struggles with these pages. I knew the photos I wanted to use and was lucky enough to get them to fit well with the sketch. The large photo printed badly so that was disappointing but in it went!



The blue base paper is Bazzill. And all the prints are by KI Memories. Well all but the cream pp which is by Autumn Leaves. And here you can really see the off coloring in the photos ;o(



The font is Cuttin' Up and the large arrow is from Graphically Speaking. I went with that shape to mimic the arrows in the PP.



Well I have got to say that I want sooooo badly to start sewing on projects and since that isn't happening any time soon I went another route and drew my own uneven lines...and actually really dig how it turned out! It as fun and freeing to do and added a great detail to the pages!



After putting together the lettering I thought it needed a little something else so I added some random doodles in the same fashion as the outside lines. I also added my very favorite distressed splatter stamp as well as some stars.



And man, I was on such a roll that I decided to take some of my scraps from the project and put them together on a card! I added some twine, another thing I use often, and then added a cut from A Childs Year. This was actually my first time cutting a silouette from this cart!



Thank you for coming by...I want to again thank all my new followers! I know not everyone has the time to leave comments but I appreciate the visit none-the-less! Hope you all have a kick butt weekend!!!

12 comments:

magicwanda said...

O-M-G Leah
I think this is my mostest favoritest bestest layout you ever did.....lol
I LOVE THIS
The pictures are sooooo AWESOME look at them 2 you can see he just loves his Daddy,
And the Title is just perfect!
AWESOME AWESOME my Friend....
Big Hugs Wanda :-D

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this is AWESOME!! It is so full of fun-ness!! (Is that a word? oh well!!) LOL!! I am lovin' the silly pictures..they look like they are having so much fun!! And all those circles.. love it!! And I really, really love the way you did the title!! Oh shoot... my students are coming in so I have to cut this short...or I would go on forever!! LOL!!
Have a great weekend!!
Barb :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, what a great page and title!!!!! Love it, you made me smile. Love the colors, the circles, the doodling and the rough edges, great take of the sketch. Happy Friday and Happy scrappin''!!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute Leah! You always come up with the BEST titles! Great pix of the boys and how cleverly you got them all in the layout. Love this! (And great idea with the faux stitching!) xxD

Jo said...

Oh, this is just waaaay cute. The details are wonderful ... I'm trying to pick a favorite, but can't ... they're all amazing. You hit this one out of the park! Great job!!

Jo xx

scrappinlil said...

Oh wow...I love this lo..you did a fantastic job. I love the colors you chose and those 2 funny kids...I know one is the daddy but you can tell that they love each other and joke around like kids...very cute. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well Leah, what can I say... it's another awesome layout. I so love it. Great job.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is a wonderful layout.... look at their faces you can just see the love! I just love this, the colors of your papers are so perfect and as always the wonderful detail. Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Frelx said...

What great layout pages!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, love it Leah. You got .. what.. 5 pix on there! Good for you! Great design and colors .. just a fun page and sooooo meaningful for your boys!So much love on this page! Good job, Miss Leah!

Fern said...

Leah, this is just tooo darn cute!! The photos are priceless and you nailed the title!! Great job on the faux stitching and your doodling is awesome!! Luv it!!! XXXXX

Debbie said...

Leah love your photos! Great job on the layout and I love the hand drawn stitching!