Friday, April 23, 2010

Sisters Night Out ~SOUS DT Blog Hop~and bonus project!


Sisters Night Out



Well today is pretty special because not only is it the sketch reveal for Stuck on U but we are doing our first ever Designer Blog Hop!



I know that many of you visit our pages and we all appreciate it so!



If you are coming here from Sandi's blog, Soft Side of Sandi, you are in the right place! We would love for you to join our hop so if this is your first stop, join us at Stuck on U for the directions and to see the oh-so amazing candy we are offering thanks for one of our tremendous sponsors, Glitz Design!

Now for the DT we all used the same paper line by Glitz called Maya. Of course everyone's take is totally different but here is mine...


I have seen a lot of large design die cuts for 12x12 and knew I could do my own with the Cricut so I finally tried it out! This large scroll piece was blown up to the largest size in DS and was cut from Storybook.



I spent quite some time looking through all of my handbooks to find the perfect flower shape and I finally did find it in Winter Woodland. I cut and layered this, distressed the edges, and curled each petal before putting it together with an assortment of brads.




Here is a close up of the other flowers. I added a few other brads, some I had to paint to match and I added some silver pearls too!



To follow the sketch I added a thin circle around it and tucked it into some of the swirls. I punched some green butterflies, added black tulle and places silver pearls around the entire circle.



Ok and just so you all know where to go for the hop...


Start is at SOUS, then to Sandy Windsor, Nanne Harry, Sandi Clarkson, myself and end back at SOUS where you'll leave your final comment to be intered in for the blog candy!!!


(don't forget to follow if you'd like and please leave comments along the way, we all love some feedback!!!)

Now back to Stuck on U to enter yourselves for our give away!


And I do not want to forget to say thank you to my new followers, I hope you find some entertainment while you come by! I had no idea what the blogging world meant until I joined in and it has been an amazing source for inspiration and for friendship. So thank you for those that find me worth checking out. What a joy you are to me!


Now that I have your attention! Just kidding! But I do have a BIG bonus project to share with you guys!



The Station House


Are you ready for some more pictures? Well this is a DT project for my spot at Generations Crafting and it features an amazing line by Bo Bunny called Paradise.

September 2008 (and I thought this was just last year when thinking back) my family took a weekend vacation to one of our favorite spots, Half Moon Bay, California. My parents rented a house called The Station House (want to see where I stayed? click the link!). This building was originally a train station for a rail line that ran parallel with the coast, how sad for it to be gone now...

The first page is Paradise Lingo, a fun and vibrant seaside text. On each layout I distressed the edges and tore a few pieces that I then filled with Paradise Batik.

All the brown lettering in these pages is Bo Bunny Double Dot Chocolate.



The fish I had cut using just a piece of Paradise Sunset. Here is also a good photo to show the background edge paper I added to some of the sides.



Paradise Cut Outs offers some tags or journaling pieces. I cut this out and then cut in half to use as an area for my page title. Font is Opposites Attract.



Paradise Boardwalk is the beautiful, rich paper used for this page. Again I cut a piece from Paradise Cut Outs to use for my date and title, HMB stands for Half Moon Bay.



I used the same Cricut cart, Opposites Attract for all my lettering.



Seagulls are from Cricut cart, Lifes A Beach. I also added twine to each page in some way. I love how that adds texture and adds to the beachy feel!



Great photo of my Dad relaxing and enjoying a book on the back patio that overlooked a protected coastal shoreline. I had so many great photos from this vacation that I had to come up with a way to add in some, so I decided to would hide photos under photos. I got out my Fabulous Finds cart for the hinges...



And here is what the inside is like...another photo and a big spot for journaling.



Silly Seashore is on a magical page called Paradise Flight! I also 'sewed' the twine by using a small sized whole punch and weaving twine.



A close up of a cut from Lifes A Beach.



Close up of the twine, flowers and lettering (as well as the sweet little beach boy!)



And another picture holding the secret photo and journaling....



and the inside....


The last and final page is Paradise Pier. Gosh I loved this one! I wanted something simple as not to take away from the actual paper so I chose a border cut from Lifes A Beach and welded 2 together to make it long enough for the 12x12 paper. I cut a few extra sand dollars to layer.



Now of course you have noticed a ton of flowers! I cut these from Walk in my Garden and layered them. I used Bo Bunny Double Dot in Burnt Orange, Orange Citrus and Paradise Sunset. And the centers are glass pieces my husband bought when he went on a small shopping spree at Mrs. Grossman's factory in Petaluma, Ca.



I used the border design on Lifes A Beach and welded a second set to make it long enough for the 12x12.


Please do not forget that Generations Crafting is offering FREE bling to any of my friends that mention my blog or SOUS when they make a purchase ($1o minimum) until the end of April, so you've got some time!

Thanks again for visiting today!!! See you all soon!!!

24 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Whoah, Leah! LOVE your big swirly background! You gals always look like you're having soooo much fun! Adorable centers to your flowers and love the bits of netting. Amazing details on your station house layouts! Loads of pics but still lots of fun stuff going on. Many happy memories there! xxD

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, what beautiful layout pages -- all of them!!! You all did a wonderful job!!! I agree with Donna, looks like so much fun!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah...Oh My Word GF!!!! You rocked every single one of these LOs!!! Is there a word limit in these comment sections?!! I may be pushing it today... so much to say!! LOL!!
So... your sketch LO totally Wow-ed me!! The flourishes you used for the background die cut are amazing!!! Combine that with the colors and the amazing flowers and you certainly created the WOW factor!! Way to go girly!!
And now... for all your other LOs!! Ummmm WOW again!! I know I have used that word a few too many times today.. but I just can't help it!! Your details... the sea gulls... the twine... the adorable little hinges... the distressing... the layering... I could seriously go on and on... they all work together so well and you were able to use so many pictures without making it look cluttered!! Girl... YOU ROCK!! I will probably be stealing some of these ideas big time for some of my beachy LOs I need to work on!!! Hope you don't mind... LOL!!! Have a fabulous weekend and good luck with your blog hop!! I noticed that you are already over 100 followers.... WAY TO GO!!
Barb :)

Jill said...

Leah, what a great layout! I love that die cut you created in the back and the colors are fantastic!

magicwanda said...

Wow Leah you have been pretty busy....how do you find the time.
The first one is soooooo pretty Great pic!
Beautiful details....
I love the second one ...Awesome pics.. and I really like the layout with all the great details.....Big Hugs Wanda :-D

Kim said...

AWESOME DETAILS!! Love the 12 x 12 Die Cut! I have become a follower. Thanks for the inspiration and have a GREAT Day!

Sandy said...

Wowzers...what a fab treat to see all the fun layouts and pics of your family...love the challenge page and all the pages for GC...you have been one busy little bee miss Leah...fabuloso!!!!

Sherri said...

Great layouts....I kept scrolling down the page and they kept getting more and more terrific!!! Very inspiring!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah,
AMAZING- AMAZING-AMAZING! All these layouts are wonderful I love the first with all the swirls and looks at those flowers and pearls! Then on to the next where your eyes just seem to go from one goodies to the next! From the station house to the seashore all these pages are AWESOME!

Ladybug said...

Beautiful LO's! I love the Winter Woodland flower. Gorgeous!! TFS!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, they are all so beautiful... you are one very amazing young lady....

Maureen Reiss said...

love it!!! soooo pretty. great job

Nanne said...

oh double Wow wow Leah.. Love those layouts that you created for GC..cant get over all of the wonderful little touches of detail you have added..wow wow again!!! :O)
I also adore the layout you did for SOUS, can't get over how clever you are with the little circle that's in twined in the large dye cut.. love the photos as well, you are so lucky to have so much love in your life..
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Nanne, you are rocking them this week for sure! Love your layout as it is so different from the rest with the white used for your scroll. And love it on top of the polka dot. Great photos too. Saw your Station House project over at GC. Great job on that! And what I found outstanding is all the links you provided as I know that takes extra time! Appreicate the work you did this week on the hop! Hugs

cinmfoster said...

Great layouts. Will have to check out a couple of the catridges and try myself.

Debbie said...

Leah I love your interpretation of the papers you girls used. So different and very striking! Your beach layouts are great! Love all the details and it looks like you all had a great time.
I'm off to SOUS!

Wendy Crowe said...

Love love love the beach layouts! The details are amazing! Now I have to plan a beach vacation so I can scraplift your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

I love the papers you used in all your layouts.You do make some beautiful cuts.

Crissy said...

WOW all of you layouts are beautiful. I love that beachy paper.

Kelly said...

WOW...These pages are awesome...ALL of them! You sure have been a busy little BEE...lol! Love all the details and the pictures you chose to showcase the layouts are perfect for the paper you used!

Cheryl Kosakura said...

What fun layouts! I love each and everyone of them! You go girl!!!!
-Cher

*The_Fisher_Family* said...

Leah awesome layouts they turned out fabulous!!! Love the colors and the fish and flowers and the beach layouts are just beautiful I love the browns.

Fern said...

Beautiful job Leah!!! Your SOUS layout is beautiful!! Love the background and you did a fabulous job on the flowers!!!!
The Generations Crafting layouts are fabulous!!! The die cuts and embellies are perfect for the fun photos!!!

Andrea Amu said...

Beautiful pages, Leah! Love the enlarged swirly cut for your background on your Glitz page!