Friday, April 16, 2010

Wicked ~The Cuttlebug Spot~


Wicked



This weeks challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot was a project featuring your favorite movie or TV show! At first I will admit that I kind of panicked about it but then it hit me...duh! I have this gorgeous stamp that I have had since childhood and never used it until I started crafting the past few years. I actually used this in my first ever ATC swap awhile back (meaning when I had time for things like ATC swaps, LOL!)

I also made this for a fellow Snow White fan and great friend that I had met on the Cricut mb but I am thinking with her busy schedule lately that she won't be coming by so I think I am safe posting this before she gets it!

The apple was welded on the shadow feature from A Childs Year. I wanted this cart so badly and I am ashamed to say this is my first time using it! Card base is black cardstock and the houndstooth (gosh I hope thats what its called) pp is from DCWV.



Here is a close up of my stamped image. Isn't she a beauty! Botox really never looked so good! LOL! I colored her in with my Prisma colored pencils and added a bit of Picket Fence Distress Stickles. It was my first time using them and I think that they are GORGEOUS! I will be using those again (and again and again!)

I had bought a big tub of chipboard on clearance at WM some time ago and have really not used it much. I recently did my first altering of chipboard and found it surprisingly easy so I think I will be using it more often now! Also new is the Crackle Paint by Ranger. I only bought 2 colors, Antique Linen and Picket Fence. I think as I come across them (on sale) that I will pick up more! For this piece I used Antique Linen and rubbed both Black Soot and Fired Brick Distress ink over it to enhance the crackles.



Now after about 5 tries at cutting this word with my Cricut using Grungepaper. I decided to give up! So I went to some trusty alpha stickers (from my ever favorite Mrs Grossman). They were adhesive backed fiber paper in a lovely burgundy color but I decided it still wasn't right. Well since my apple isn't red I thought the red Stickles would be perfect and I think it turned out great, and even better of course in person!

(I think I need to get more creative with also using alpha stickers as I have gobs of them!)

I finished the card off with the very very last piece of this netty like tulle that I stole off of a class project my son came home with (LOL!) and I think its pretty sweet!

The card measures just a tad smaller then a standard sized card! I hope that you like and see what my DT sisters did for their favorite show!!!



oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! I was just looking at the brilliant projects posted at TCS for today and I realize the BIG mistake I made....I forgot to emboss my card! I have a CB project posted with NO embossing! For anyone that noticed or would not have without me bringing it up...I totally apologize for my stupid blunder!

13 comments:

Margie said...

Leah, this is so friggin' cool!!! Love that crackle paint! I have a bottle of that stuff....somewhere! Ask Donna how many times I nearly forgot to emboss my Cuttlebug Spot cards! Sometimes, I get so involved in the details, I forget all about the damn embossing! LOL! Airheads, unite!!!

Melissa said...

Looks fantastic! The Evil Queen is a stamp? Ooooo I gotta find that one!

DonnaMundinger said...

Of course I noticed right off, Leah! I'm the embossing police. LOL Usually you fool me somehow and sneak it in somewhere, but I scoured this project and couldn't find a single dent! Off with you head! LOL No really, it's adorable. Love that color crackle. Guess I should pull mine out and try some sometime! xxD

CraftyGirl said...

Girl... you are too funny!!! Oh well... we all make those mistakes! But have to say that your card is amazing! Love the crackle work!! Your inking on it really rocks!
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

That card is AMAZING!!! OMG, I would just love it if you entered it into my showcase too!!!

magicwanda said...

O-M-G
Leah I love this and this is one of my favorite villians......
love that apple with that paper
You did a WICKED job on it!
Hugs Wanda :-D

Jeannie Phillips said...

Oh those Kidos are just more beautiful every day...and the baby looks like a real person now....so beautiful!!!...just so beautiful..

I love love love this card!!

So good to catch up with you!!...you are such a sweetheart!
Hugs and Love
Jeannie

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Leah, thank you so much for entering your project in the showcase!!! I am so excited for others to see and be inspired by your talent, it's just awesome!!!

Good luck on getting selected for the showcase! I hope you come often and play with us, my friend.

Lori Apgar said...

How cute!! I have a step-mom that I actually like very much. I sometimes joke about my evil (just another word for wicked) step-mother, but she knows I don't mean it!!

Love the details on your work!! Thanks for playing over on Audrey's showcase!!

~JulieH~ said...

He he Leah I have done this so many times and had to sneak in a bit of embossing at the end!
Having said that your card is absolutely fabulous, Love all the details and the houndstooth patterned apple is so cool!
Hugs
Juliexx

~Christina~ said...

I think it's totally awesome!!!!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, you are such a hoot GF! Great card but no embossing .. hmmmm .. will have to call the CB police! Hmmmm .. but I heard that the police are already there! Fancy that .. keeping an eye on you, are they? Any who, this is wicked good! Love it!

Kelly said...

WOW...what a GREAT card!! You really did an awesome job with this! Love all the detail that went into it!