Sunday, May 2, 2010

A card for some challenges!



Stampotique

I did this card for my sisters 20th birthday. I was going to make a sentiment for it and then realized that you don't always have to do that, not every card has words or a 'theme' so I left it as is!

I was lucky enough to get to use these images thanks for my friend Donna, what a treat because these are extremely beautiful images. The artistry of these are extraordinary and exciting to use. If you stamp and have not had a chance to see the work from this company, take a look! It will bring your project that something special!

Stampotique original stamps!

Now other then my DT spots believe it or not I have never joined in another challenge. So while I knew I had to make a card, I thought it would be fun to look around and see if I could combine for some challenges.

I was not too sure about where to look so I did head of to a couple places that my friend Fern often joins in at! Thanks for the ideas GF, those were some great sites!




As if these ladies were not enough on their own...I punched their eyes out (ouch!) and popped the entire piece against more white cardstock. I tried a few other colors beyond there and even giving them eyeballs but I liked this the best!


I did the middle girls hair with Distress Stickles and colored with Prisma pencils.





For the Stampotique challenge...well this wasn't exactly an altered project or something new and crazy but I was so excited to use these for the first time, that I still wanted to share with them at their challenge. I REALLY hope that was ok!

~Lots To Do, challenge blog can be found HERE
~A Spoon Full of Sugar, challenge blog is HERE
~QuixoticPaperie, challenge blog you can find HERE
~Stampotique Designers Challenge, is HERE
~now I did add buttons just to follow the challenge for Practical Scrappers but forgot the deadline was ET not Pacific so I missed it (which was dumb because I had it finished, oh well, LOL!)

Thank you all so much for looking and I hope your weekend was a lovely as mine!

21 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great take on the stamps and I just love the way you've punched their eyes out!!!! Them buttons on the wire look fab too xxxxx

Maureen Reiss said...

This card is great!!..Love how you punched the eyes out, looks so scary oooooo lol

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I think i liked them better with eyes... lol...

DonnaMundinger said...

hey girlfriend! LOVE what you did with these. I think the punched out eyes was particularly genious! (Poor Sandy, we're giving her fits. LOL) xxD

Jaqi said...

Brill card , love it

Silvia said...

Wonderful, love all the details.

Rainbow said...

Super cute card!! love it!!

crafty creations said...

Great card leah


Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Femmy said...

great card!!! love the stamps!!

Margie said...

Hey Donna! We've got another weirdo on our hands! Can we corrupt, or WHAT? LMAO! Great card, Leah! I was so excited when I saw it on my sidebar. Love those Little Orphan Annie eyes!!!! Creeped out to the max!

CraftyGirl said...

Way to go girly!! I am sooo proud of you joining the challenge world as a normal scrapper!! Your card is fabulous... but the eyes are kinda freaking me out!! LOL!! Love the wire with button thing you have going!! Good luck with all those challenges!!
Barb :)

Fern said...

Oh Leah this is too cute!!! I came over here last night but didn't see it uploaded... So glad I could help you out finding some challenges to play in!! But, you better watch out because it's very addictive and soooo much fun!! Another place to find some is over at the pile it on site (link us on my sidebar if you need it)!!
BTW your sister is going to luv this card!!! Have a great day!! XXXXX

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Fun card, love the colors. Happy Monday my sweet friend!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Eye-popping fabulous, girlie!

Kelly said...

Oh my Leah...you have been busy while I was away. I missed a lot of great project. Love 'em all!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

The stamps are fab as is the end result of the card. Love the bright pink.

hugs
Kaye x

Effie said...

Great card!.. love those stamps!

Dalis said...

leah,
so glad you found Pile it On! I hope you play with us soon... it could be anything... a card, a Layout, anything really.

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Debbie said...

Love this card! Who doesn't like pink and black. The stamped images are cute and I love the tulle that is tucked behind.

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

Leah thank you so much for your comment :D We are pretty lucky :) I love your card. Those stamps are awesome!! I will deff. Come back to check your blog

Jamie :)

CraftyGirl said...

Hey girly!! Miss ya!! I left you a little blog love over on my blog... come on over and pick it up!!
Barb :)