Friday, May 21, 2010

Dude Your the Bomb!


Dude Your the Bomb!


Please visit Stuck on U to see our sketch for this week!!!

This sketch is also my DT project for Generations Crafting. The wonderful paper line by Basic Grey, Granola has some unique and earthy colors and prints. Not sure that I would have named it Granola because I don't feel like that name really reflects the line and might throw someone off from it but I do really like the collection!

I always feel so lucky to be able to use a favorite photo and highlight as we do in scrapbooking. I recently took these pictures (and am glad I did before he got a big haircut and now has short, spiky hair) and I think of all the photos I have taken that these show how much he has grown up! I told him that he looked grown up in these pictures and he said "like 6?" and I said "no, more like 8!" Oh he got such a kick out of that! So proud of himself! LOL! He turns 6 this summer.

We also have a wonderful guest designer this week...please help me welcome Beatriz! Honestly I am pretty thrilled to have her as I find her designs colorful, happy and always something fresh! I know we have a nice little blogland family here but if you haven't checked her out...please do! Thanks for joining us Beatriz!


My title was cut on chipboard (aka cereal boxes) and layered and inked up in Dried Marigold and Tattered Straw distress ink.

Everything was inked on this page...on the darker cuts with Black Soot and Shabby Shutters.

All the "bomb" cuts are from Indie Art, as well as the large target piece that I popped off the background.



Font and the cityscape are from Plantin Schoolbook. This also shows my journaling and stamping.





I am sure that most of you have, but if you get a chance to see what my other friends did with their version of the sketch...that would be great!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! I apologize for the short post today...just in case someone out there reads this blog post, I will just say that I am swamped with some other projects lately so my time is really limited (on the computer especially!)

xoxo Leah

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww...this is such a great layout and you've done such a great with it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

I love his face in this picture and the title is perfect! I can see his face lighting up when you told him he looks like 8.... how cute! Love your page , the colors and the journaling is perfect! Another fabulous page! Happy Friday to you!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this LO is awesome!! Love the title and those pictures... Oh my word he is such a big boy!!! And very handsome too!!! I love the way you journaled around the target... this page is too cool... and very boyish!! Love it!!
Barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow what a fun layout!!! He looks so proud! You have got such a wild imagination, this is so awesome. Love all the details and the journaling. Love it!

Stine said...

Love it Leah! YOur are right, he looks so grown! big boy, but still so cute!

Chelle said...

Love the layout Leah. Looks like it took forever with all the details that went into it. I really need to get back to doing layouts.

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a cute idea. Love that he's feeling so old LOL Such wonderful photos of the gleam in his eye ... wonderfuuly done layout, love the Cricut cuts. Hope you can catch up .. don't think I'll make it through May ... oh, and then there's June .. LOL

Audrey Frelx said...

What an absolutely adorable layout!

Maureen Reiss said...

Really cute LO Leah!! Love the saying

Debbie said...

Super fun and creative layout! Love how you incorporated your journaling into the target piece.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Leah, this layout is the BOMB!!!! Adorable pix of Scotti. He is growing up so fast! Great cuts you chose and of course you know how much I love the way you journal! xxD

Fern said...

Hi Leah!!! Love what you did with this weeks sketch! Perfect for a "little guy" layout!! Cute title and the embellies are awesome!! Fantastic journaling!! And why wouldn't we read your post?? Hope everything slows down for you soon... Have a wonderful weekend... Hugs!!!!

AmandaB said...

Leah, your page is absolutely adorable!!! I just love all embellishments you used and adorable pics..

Amanda:0)

Tammara said...

Oh Leah, that is such a fantastic layout! I love the cityscape. You have a great way of adding your journaling to each of your layouts!

Tammy said...

How cute is this! I love the creativity you put into it!

Anonymous said...

you're not your