Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Katie's Birthday Mini Album



Sisters, are Friends for Life!



Ok let me fore warn you that there are too many photos of this mini album and I will be impressed if any of you wait long enough to post a comment! LOL!


But I do have to say that one of my favorite thing when I go to blogs is seeing all the extra detailed photos, its as good as we can get, right? Since we all can't "see" the stuff in person...


Ok so onto the album, I did this for my youngest sisters birthday. She recently turned 20! Love ya sister!


Paper is DCWV Safari Kids stack (and so is the matching embellies). All thanks to birthday gifts to me from my crafty girlfriend Donna! Funny how I can forget who gave me what but I remember every craft related item that someone else gave me! LOL!






Rub on sentiment from Bo Bunny.



Well I forget the exact word my Mom used to describe me at 13, "exquisite", I believe is what she said. LOL! My husband said I was terrible looking. And well, I can't help but feel some type of pull for the little, quiet and unsure girl I was, who in 2 years time would be beating the boys off with sticks (nothings changed with that part but...LOL!)


Anyways the photo is of me, at 13 holding my little sister Katie. Katie was adopted and came home at around 4 lbs...her birth would change my life in so many ways...she being the reason why I wanted to adopt in the first place. I loved her so much I wanted to be a Mom in exactly the same way and 12 years later I adopted my first born!



Myself and Katie in the Christmas tree lot a couple years ago..another favorite photo of mine!





I had to add a picture in of Katie's biggest fans...we LOVE Auntie Katie!




I haven't scrapped this photo yet and its of last Thanksgiving and my entire family. Look at all that fun (and it was fun, I ate super quick and ran to M's and got about 5 carts for Christmas, I swore I wouldn't be that person but I still haven't used a couple! bad, bad girl!)



The other details of the album are some really cooly textured Prima flowers with some random brads from my stash. And some ribbon and my favorite, twine!



I hope that you enjoyed this post, glad I've got you folks to share with! This was only my second go at a mini album and I do really think these are sooooo fun to make!

(I am laughing that this is almost a month old and now I am finally posting!!! wowza!!!)

10 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Oh Leah!!! This is really cute! Love the circle shape, super cute paper.

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, your sister album is wonderful!!!

Mad Fat Girl said...

Very cute! Love it!

Mary said...

Love this Leah. I'm working on some albums myself and you're right, the are so much fun! TFS, Mary M

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Leah, this is precious! LOve everything about it. The words are perfect! Happy Wednesday!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... look at you and all your detailed photos!! I am sooo proud of you!! This album is amazing and will be such a treasured gift!! You did such a fabulous job with all the embellies...this is so much fun!! Your sister is going to love this!!

And oh... almost forgot... you became my new best friend this week when you left that post on my blog!! Any one who tells me I am hot at this old age is a friend for life!!!!

Barb :)

pink cotton said...

Leah, I love the pic with the kids~biggest fans...sooo cute! What a great mini! Your sis is gonna love it. Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Kelly said...

OMG Leah, what a labor of love! I'm sure there will not be a dry eye in the house when she receives this. You did a fabulous job on it and I'm certain she will treasure it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Leah, what a FABULOUS present! The pix and all of the details are amazing! Bet she LOVED it! xxD

Debbie said...

What a sweet sister you are! Enjoyed looking at every page of it!