Friday, May 28, 2010

Watch My Angel Dance ~SOUS May 28~


Watch My Angle Dance


To see this weeks sketch, please visit Stuck on U Sketches! This weeks sketch was created by Beggahuna. She has some of the more unique and diverse sketches out there and I always enjoy using hers! If you haven't had the chance to visit and see her work, you can find her HERE!
I am editing and coming back to say...hello...we got awesome BLOG CANDY to give away! You'll have to go to SOUS to see what we have but its a really really good giveaway...just gotta go back and leave us lil' ladies a lil' love! Good luck gals! And thank you to Generations Crafting for the blog candy giveaway!!!


Ok so I have to say that I loved this project! At first I had a whole other idea but as luck would have it my printer is out of ink so I had to go on the hunt for other photos to use. I do kinda feel like I am only scrapping my daughter but so many of these sketches seem to have feminine vibes. I do what I can though! LOL!

This page certainly does not have any where near the detail that my blogging friend puts into her pages but I do feel like this reminds me a bit of what Fern does. So Fern, do you think so? Again, nothing like you pull off, but the softness to it does remind me of your beautiful pages!


The paper is from K&Co but ALL of the gorgeous embellishments...the ribbon, flowers and bling can all be found at Generations Crafting! And now that I am thinking about it...I do believe these are all from Prima Marketing!





This is my little blonde at her dance class. If she isn't busy watching herself in the mirrors then she busy looking at someone else!!! Title stickers are from Mrs Grossmans (I have a long way to go on figuring out how to lay these straight!)





I inked most of the paper with Dried Marigold and Broken China distress ink. I want to try harder to mix the colors I own with different PP so this was a fun attempt and I love how it turned out! Last time I used Broken China on a multi colored dot paper and thought it was a killer look! You can find that here, if your interested.





These flowers were quite orange so to soften that a bit and have it go with my peachy pink colors I added a couple colors of chalk ink to these and then dusted them with Stickles.






This is my first project using a paper piercer to pierce and then hand draw the "stitching". Not the same as really sewing but I think it works enough to tide me over until I someday get a sewing machine!





I hope that you are all doing well...our great friend Sandy sent us a quick email to tell us that she had been taken away this week as a total surprise for her birthday. We will miss seeing a creation from her but hope she enjoys herself immensely! Happy Birthday Sandy! Love ya!


Oh my gosh, okay so I have just a pile of finished scrapbook pages...I do have room for them in books but haven't wanted the chore of putting them in...well guess who got to this cabinet in the house? Yep! My little Cody man in now opening up anything that he can...and pulled the flowers off this page and wrinkled it up...no problem, goes with the distressed look. LOL! And speaking of babies, I am holding him right now and it's no fun to hold a wiggle worm and type...so off I go! Have a friday folks!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Great layout Leah! I love your choice of paper and colors. You did a fabulous job on the "stitching". Those flowers are awesome!

Beatriz said...

Leah, you have a cutie! Love your choice of colors, flowers and bling. Happy Friday!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, your daughter really is a cutie! And, what a wonderful layout for her! Nice soft colors!

Debbie said...

Precious layout! Love all the details and your little dancer is adorable!

DonnaMundinger said...

Okay, I'm gonna have to come to one of her classes and soon. She's such a sweetie and I had to LOL at how attached she is to her teacher. (How'd that class go today? :D ) Beautiful page, my dear, Love the faux stitching. Have a great weekend at your folks. xxD

Sandy said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...the photos the sketch the papers the flowers...well I guess it's all just gorgeous....you totally rocked this my friend....your babe is tooo precious...lovely work this week dear Leah!!!!

Fern said...

Hi Leah, This is absolutely adorable and yes, most definitely something I would do... You are just the sweetest for the shout out, actually you were already sweet!! lol I love the flowers, stickles and bling ~ They go perfect with these precious photos of your sweet little daughter! Beautiful layout for a beautiful sketch!!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!! Hugs!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super sweet LO!! love the softness of it

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hey, Leah, what a great page! Love those photos first of all, so I'm glad you ran out of ink! The whole page is so soft and demure .. really does the whole white space justice and reall sets off those great pix. Love the flowers .. and oh, I miss those days when the kidddos got into my "stuff."! Take care!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... Wow girl!! I LOVE this soft little page!! First of all, your little princess is just the cutest!! so sweet in her little dance outfit!!! And the soft colors and sweet little embellies show off the pictures so nicely!!! Your totally rocked the sketch!! Have a fabulous holiday weekend!!
Barb :)

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow this is just stunning, the colours are so soft and beautiful. Jordyn looks the prefect ballerina. Awesome use of the sketch.

hugs
Kaye x

magicwanda said...

Isn't she just the cutest little thing....
What beautiful details.
Sorry I have not stopped by in a while I have been really bust trying to catch up on some out side work, I think I got most of it done now. That means I have more time for blogging...lol
Hugs Wanda :-D