Friday, June 4, 2010

No Limits Allowed ~SOUS June 4~


No Limits Allowed


This weeks sketch at Stuck on U Sketches was another joy to do. I know we each have our favorites but personally, I like the clean and simple sketches so that I can use my creativity to embellish and make it my own (not that this was simple but y'all know what I mean! LOL!)

I don't know how it happened since I am such a big fan of DCWV paper stacks...but I thought I didn't need some stacks and my last shopping trip to Joann's proved me wrong! This time around maybe I saw this stack with the mind set of having the 2 boys...Generation Tech is such a fun and bold stack with computer, cell phones and video games. Good for any tech lover and even for a teen! Well with that said, all PP comes from there and then rest of the solid cardstock came out of my stash.

I also needed to make this weeks sketch into a double as I had some photos that needed a scrapping....


I added my journaling and doodling around the edges with a white gel pen. I could do this to every page because I enjoy to write and the doodling part, well, that's always fun too!



Now for some of the detail! I fussy cut the glossy images from the printed paper and lined them up in a row here....


These larger images came from another print within the stack. I just fussy cut them out and added them to the page (well, not all of them...I lost some that I had cut...dang it!)



You can kinda see here that I used a layer of Stickles with Glossy Accents on top...I loved how that turned out but next time would add another layer of Glossy Accents. But all in all it was a great accent to the pieces (warning, always do this with thicker card stock not papers as they will warp)


I wanted to add that the "raindow" pieces on each page was also cut from the same print paper as the larger music players (not sure what else to call them! LOL!) There were also two music notes that I punched with a circle punch, I only got to use one since I lost the other.



I did the same thing with the Stickles and Glossy Accents on the music notes as well. Here is a detail of my title which was cut from Graphically Speaking. You will notice I added the, I think its a MP3 player, to the center of the O on No. I also layered the whole thing with left over cardstock because I felt like it needed to pop off the page more. I also added some more fussy cut pieces on the rainbow part here as well.



My goodness...ok last one...LOL...I really just wanted to show some of the layering I did for the photos. I wish I could give credit to individuals for this. In all the holding that I do with having a baby, I find myself spending time on Scrapbook.com viewing pages and pages of galleries. One of the things that caught my attention was matting photos in different, bold colors. So I was able to try that here, and loved it! That is something you will see from me again.



And today means only one more week of school left! Then our family will be on summer vacation! Also a heads up if you find me missing some this month! Thank you all SO much for taking the time to come by....hope you liked!!!

I would also like to take a second to mention to you Facebook lovers....Southwest Crafters is a place where you can find online craft stores and Generations Crafting will be having a little something going on this weekend....check it out and see what's going on and chance to win something great!!!! Thanks!!!!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW...these pages are fabulous Leah! I love the circle picture, it really adds dimension to the layout!

Sandy said...

Hey GF...what great photos of your wee ones and I too love the circle cut! Wonderful papers and design here my friend...great colors and fantastic title! Your kiddo's are so precious and you have caputured the memories of this fun childhood moment beautifully....I love that you created a 2 pager....need to get back to that myself...bravo deary!

Beatriz said...

Gorgeous pages!!!! Love how you use the papers, beautiful work. Love the circle picture, it really stands out. You have gorgeous kids! Happy Friday!

Nanne said...

You know I adore this layout, can't get over how fab that white pen looks on the black.. wonderful creation Leah and love that you made this sketch into a two pager..You go girl!! :D
hugs
Nanné
p.s. Love the photo of Cody on your sidebar..how cute is he?.. :D

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is a wonderfully FUN layout.... look at all the cutting you did and it looks FABULOUS! I like the backing on the photo too as it really draws your eyes to it. The photos are wonderful and the children look like they are having a GREAT time. Have a great day!

Jill said...

Leah, This is fabulous! I love the bright colors and how fun it is!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Leah, love how you made a 2 pager out of this one! Seriously, we have so many pix to get done! I'm loving that rainbow across the page! Love love love it! Lots of great fussy cutting. Fab pix. And I have to share that I was going to journal on my page just like you did but I chickened out and used my rub-ons. Was so afraid of making a mess. MY handwriting is not as pretty as yours. Can't believe you still have 2 more weeks of school. It's so hot here that I say "summertime!" Cya

Fern said...

Hi Leah! Super job with this weeks sketch layout!! I'm lovin' the 2 pager, and also love the way you did your journaling around the edge!! Super cute photos and great job layering them on the bright cardstock!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Awesome LO!! Love the wave design you did w/ the different papers. Aso Love the journaling and doodling you did around the page.

DonnaMundinger said...

Well we certainly know there are NO LIMITS when the kids get on their bikes! YIKES! Love the bright paper and your cool matting and as always, LOVE your journaling and doodling! Fabby pages! xxD

Debbie said...

So cute Leah. Great use of all those wonderful photos. I like the white pen around edges of your paper! Such a fun layout!

scrappinlil said...

THis is such a cute layout , Leah! I love the colors and this paper...all those pics on these layouts, I am loving!TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, these are great layout pages, and yes, you did a great job embellishing your nice clean pages!!! Nice job!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Awesome layout Leah, love those papers and the pics are fab, can see why it had to be a double pager.

hugs
Kaye x

CraftyGirl said...

Crap... I had this great big long post ready for you... I was totally apologizing for taking so long to visit and telling you how amazing you are and that this LO totally kicks butt... but then I went up to get a better look at the photos and lost it all!!!!! Soooo... I will not be retyping all that!!Sorry!! But I do love this all boy LO of yours!! And the photos are fabulous... but isn't the bike supposed to be standing on the two wheels, not laying on it's side?!! LOL!! And I don't know if you just added new pictures of your kids on your sidebar or I am really that clueless that I just now noticed.. but I have to say... they are soooooo stinkin' cute!! You have a beautiful family!!
Barb :)

Stine said...

I visit your blog a lot, but don't think I have left you a note lately! Have not been around the chat very much either. Are having Konstanse at home also these latest week because of strike in her kindergarten, so not much online time. Cannot believe that Cody soon will turn one! Only 8 more days. (counting down with you ;o) ) Hope you will have a great vacation!!

Stine said...

Totally forgot to say that I love you LO. Don't know why, but I especially like the round photo and the rainbow! I have never managed to make a proper double LO, looks great though!