Friday, June 25, 2010

Our Family is a Shore Thing ~SOUS June 25~


Our Family is a Shore Thing

Did you all miss a LO from me last week? With just having arrived home from a weeks vacation I knew getting a project done was highly unlikely so I stepped out for the week! But I am back, please take a moment (as if you haven't already! hehe!) to take a look at what my other friends did at Stuck on U!

So our double page sketch this week comes from Becky Fleck at Pagemaps.

Again, this darling paper line comes from Generations Crafting. Imaginisce Splash Dance. Ain't it just to cutest! There are some stripes and dots so this doesn't have to be so themed but the themed prints are pretty hard to pass up!




I decided I needed to add some more photos so I filled most of page 2 with those. I was about 6 months pregnant with Cody and we had gone a long walk with the kids on their no pedal bikes. We stopped off at my families favorite mexican spot, 3 Amigo's. We often stay right by town at a state beach in Half Moon Bay. You have seen and will see many, many photos from this beach. We are camping there this coming August for Scotti's 6th birthday.

Wow go me! I just realized that I have similar prints to the sketch..the striped and dot paper! LOL! I didn't notice that until just now! how funny!



I did some journaling about the date, being pregnant and the children's ages around the outside.


I used some vellum letter stickers. I was pretty happy with how this turned out. It did really need to be outlined with I did with a pink pen. I also added just a touch of Stickles to the dots over the letters.


I highlighted some of the cute ocean critters by punching them and popping them...



Some random chipboard I have....that made a great subtitle.



I thought with the shapes of the chipboard above that I needed another shape in this corner so I covered this piece with the pp and added it over my fishy circles.



9 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah, this is adorable! Love the title and all the cute little critters on this layout. I am a beach person... and all beach layouts just draw me in and this looks like so much family fun. TFS.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, I love your layout! Love the photos... wonderful memories. Your details are fabulous! Happy Friday!

CelticWoman said...

Leah it is a wonderful layout, great memeories, wonderful details. Sandi

GenCraft said...

Beautiful layout! Love all the little details you added! Great choice of paper, too! ;o)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, I always love seeing pix of your family together. You are making such amazing memories for those kiddos to remember. Your LO is pricelsss! Good job!

Maureen Reiss said...

Love it!! That paper is great! Love the saying too.

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... this is just the cutest!!! You are the queen of fun titles... I think I am going to start emailing you so you can give me title ideas for my LOs.... I seriously have no creativity when it comes to that!!! Love the sweet photos of the family!! Your kids are just precious!!! And you have inspired me to try a little more journaling... you do a fabulous job with that!! Great to have you back this week!! have a great weekend!!
Barb :)

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Leah,
Nice layout...I saw your message on my blog...E-mail me miss chatting with ya...Krista

Fern said...

Leah, what a fun family layout!! Love that you added more photos to the sketch ~ It worked out perfectly!!! Cute title and I love the journaling!! Have a wonderful weekend!! (Good to see you back) Hugs!!!