Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ride On ~SOUS July 2~

Ride On

a little late but here was my post for last week's sketch.....
(and yes, this was all done, I just never thought to post)

(let me try this again as I wrote most of this and apparently didn't save it! argh!) Ok! I know that this seems seriously simple but here is why...the kids and I came to my parents house to hang out this week while my husband is working. So I had one evening to do this project and pack up.

You can find today's sketch at Stuck on U Sketches. I liked the sketch but rotated it to fit my photos. We also had a challenge amongst the designers to celebrate the holiday and had a red, white and blue challenge. To my surprise I had very little paper in this color scheme. I had a very tuff time between finding paper and the right photos so I went with the color scheme still but not so much in the real 4th of July colors.


The photos are of Scotti and Jordyn at a local BMX bike track. I have done so many bike photos that now I am nervous I scrapped these photos already! LOL! Wouldn't be the first time I've done that though (or the last! LOL!)



Can I tell you all how impressed I am with the Tim Holtz Texture Fades! They are deeply embossed that they just jump off the paper! I do wonder how that will be with certain papers, these were thick enough but they still cracked when embossed. That was fine for this project because the distressing matching the feel.



I finally bought the DCWV Rock Star stack and used those prints for this page. I fussy cut the flocked flower and slid my photo underneathe. I used Basic Grey Granola letter stickers. That was my first time using them and I have to say I was super impressed with the thickness of these. Very easy to use! I gave them a layer of Glossy Accents as well. I like how that looks against the softness of the flocking. Plus because it is a clear medium you could still see the distressing on the white letters.



I had see Jennifer McGuire do some dots on a project and after doing the letters with Glossy Accents, I realized that would be perfect for the dots on this printed paper! IRL this looks amazing! A small detail but very effective!


You can also see here some of the layering. There was a lot of layering in this LO. Because the papers were white cored I distressed with a sanding block to pull out the white in the edges, which also helped enforce the white in the color scheme. I used my border punch but kept my mistakes in punching, fun silly detail.




Thanks for coming by and hope you all have a FUN and SAFE 4th of July!!!!

7 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Welcome Home!!!! Great LO! Love the colors and papers. That flocking is awesome. Great to have you back. Hope Cody's feeling better, And runnig you ragged again! lol xoxo

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable layout! Don't know when you found the time, unless you had this ready to roll! Either way it is great!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, little Cody must be doing better... and this is definitely AWESOME... you out did yourself on this..

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great page Leah .. love your distressed embossing! Will have to give that a try! Glad to see you posting something normal again! What a weekend for you!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love the embossing! Great page and I am glad everything seems to be back to normal. Happy Tuesday!

Kelly said...

GORGEOUS! I love the simplicity of it all and it may look simple but you can tell you put a lot of thought and work into this layout! The colors are fabulous! Hope things are back to normal and Cody is doing better. I think about ya'll all the time!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey chickie! Darling layout! I'm lovin' the textures and of course the pix are FAB! so glad the family is back to normal. Miss you! xxD