Friday, July 23, 2010

1,2,3 Lucky Me ~SOUS July 23~


1,2,3 Lucky Me



We had a neat sketch to use this week, and if you can stand how good I am...I actually posted it here too! LOL! I am a terrible, lazy blogger! LOL!

We also have some blog candy AGAIN to offer, thanks for our supportive sponsor, Generations Crafting! Please visit Stuck on U Sketches to see the goods and to read about our requirements, hope you can play this week!!!




The DT also had a challenge to add on top of this sketch and that was to use Basic Grey's Doilies collection! Have you seen them? Very cool! So thank you again to Generations Crafting for sponsoring this great challenge!



Here I layered a bold green doily on top of a printed paper...to show off the doily even more I pulled up some of the design so it popped off the background a little more. After putting the page together I decided I wanted a runner down the side but I didn't have to right color. What did I do? I flipped to the white side and chose 3 different shades of Distress Inks to match my color scheme and voila, a perfect match!!!

In the sketch it looked like a good amount of paper layering..well I didn't want that to take away from my beautiful doily at all so I just cut out "frames" instead of whole sheets! I thought I would make it more interesting and folded them up a bit so they came off the page with a distressed look.


I don't know how other people craft, or how your pages come together but for me it comes idea by idea...very little is planned! The black mat of my photos is black vellum paper that I ran through a paper crimper. I love the texture it gives, even if its a subtle difference.



I also did some stamping on this LO. That idea came after my title did. I have a super cool number stamp set and used it here for the numbers and the written number. I also stamped the written number around the green "frame" on the page. Oh, and after all that, I stamped also on the word Lucky. The word Lucky was cut from shimmer paper, so when I stamped on the words it just showed up like a shadow effect, neat IRL!



And that's it from me!!!! But stayed tuned because I still have a wonderful mini album to show you...I just keep on forgetting to add the text and post it! LOL!

And if anyone is bored this next week...come on over, write or call! My husband is out of town, my parents, ALL my sisters, my girlfriend Donna...seriously! You ALL need to vacation the same week? Does that mean a WEEK in the house alone with all my kids? OH CRAP! Maybe someone should call me and make sure I haven't gone insain! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

11 comments:

GenCraft said...

Gorgeous! Green and blue is my favorite color combination! Love your use of the doilies in this layout. You know I'll be calling ya! Happy Weekend!

Jill said...

That color combination is fantastic! I love how you pulled out the doily as well. I love it! Hope you get some visitors this week!

Brenda said...

WOW Leah!!! Lovin the colors you used!!! Awesome layout!!
hugs
Brenda

Wendy Crowe said...

Gorgeous page! I'm loving the doilies!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fab jo, Leah .. mini album .. my word how do find time?! Anyhoo .. great LO .. love your b/w photos. Great idea with the frames!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah, look at how beautiful this is!!! Love the colors and the children are precious. TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your kids are just too cute and so is your page. Love those colors together. Happy weekend!

Audrey Frelx said...

Count me in on loving the colors! And the layout is beautiful!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Hi Leah, firstly I must apologise for my lack of visiting, computers, can't live with them can't live without them. I have pinched one of the boys while they are not using it for half an hour. I just love catching up on all your creations, they are so inspiring. I have to say I scrap the same way as you, with no real plan they just happen. So glad that Cody is better again, I can only imagine the worry you were going through. Take care.

hugs
Kaye x

Fern said...

Leah you're just too funny!!! I love this layout of your sweet little ones... Love the b&w photos.. And the way you pulled up some of the layers is a fantastic idea!! I also love those doilies.. going to have to check those out!! Hope you don't go tooooooo crazy this next week.. Have a wonderful day!!! Hugs!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gosh I can't believe I haven't commented on this! Guess I'm further behind than I thought but I did see this gorgeous thing in person. Absolutely FABULOUS! Love the b&w pics with it! xxD