Monday, July 19, 2010

Basic Grey Olivia ~Generations Crafting~


Olivia

Have you worked with Basic Grey? What do you think about it? I find it to be pretty unusual. In terms of color, distressing styles, prints and designs. There is a funk factor that they have, that others don't!

Olivia and Oliver. Siblings? Friends? I have no idea but I love both lines...I started first with a couple cards here using the 6x6 Olivia stack. I haven't used Oliver yet but can't wait! What I like about Basic Grey lines, at least the non floral ones..is that it isn't necessarily guy or girl! And with having sons and a daughter, I like that a lot!

And if you like Basic Grey, Generations Crafting carriers a ton of it! You can find that here!

Ok so I think most of us have been connected somehow by the Cricut MB or its fellow members, so...have you guys checked out Just Because Cards? I just won it on Ebay and got it home and was super excited to see some of the neat things it offers. For example, that wonderful shape! I know that Storybook has some, but so does this!

I used an Imaginisce stamp for my birdie. Want some cheap? Get it? Birdie, cheap? LOL! Wow, I must seriously be dilirious after actually getting a nights sleep! Ok...stamps for cheap...right, you can find those here!

I used a tiny circle punch to punch the green from the back mat print and added that as my flower center. Added some Glossy Accents and popped in a gem while it was still wet. A great way to match your embellishments to your page!




My youngest sister has a girlfriend graduating from beauty school and she asked me to do a card for her. I was pretty excited to see this "rain drop" print in the Olivia stack. I mean how great does this go with my theme!

Congrats is cut from Wild Card, the scissors are from Everyday Paper Dolls (I think) and the Silouette is actually from Sweethearts. I blew up a bride image in Design Studio, moved it off of the mat so that only her head and shoulders would be cut...perfect for what I needed!



Who knew I'd be loving this tool so much? The IRock, it ROCKS! Its almost as cool as my brand new Iphone! LOL!



Thanks for looking y'all...I cleaned all weekend and with my chores out of the way means that I can craft some more! woo hoo!

7 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Leah! These are both really super cute! LOVE the grad card, sooooo creative! The scissors cutting the "g" is inspired! The little birdie card is so totally tweet! That is an amazing shape. Maybe I ought to go look at that cart again, LOL xxD

Maureen Reiss said...

Awesome cards!! Love how you did the flower center, Great tecnique.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

I love both lines and your cards are just beautiful! Love your technique for the center too.

Debbie said...

I don't have either of them, but I want Olivia! Need to justify the "want". My brain says yes, my wallet says no. Cute cards Leah!

Kelly said...

Great cards Leah! Love the paper on both!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, all your cards are great!!! So glad all's well and seemingly back to normal!

CelticWoman said...

Leah these are so sweet and fresh, great cards. Hugs