Friday, July 16, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth...~SOUS July 16~


The Happiest Place on Earth is with You

Well I had this done and posted both here and over at SOUS until I realized that I really didn't like it! LOL! So today I worked on adding a bit more to it. I think I would have rathered redid my banner with something smaller but I guess maybe that's for another time...

I decided to take the layering from the sketch a little further and layered the rest of my pieces. I really enjoyed the white elements on this page.



I came up with this title because the photo of Justin and I is from Disneyland. So I thought "the happiest place on earth..." Then I had the idea to make an earth (I have seen these cuts on other people's projects and have always wanted to use it!). After I was sizing this in DS I realized I could make it into a Mickey which would be awesome because of being in Disneyland! LOL! You all really needed to total play by play of this, didn't you? hahaha! (Earth cut is from Going Places)



As usual I struggle with my titles and how to pull them off...I decided handwriting would be the best here. Only after putting it all together I had really wished I had made the entire banner much smaller...oh well.


I felt like something else was missing here and really wanted to journal just a little...I used the same paper that is a print of ribbon and thought that was great to journal on! After I wrote this I thought a little harder and realized (I should have known) that I can't count and wrote the wrong anniversary! kinda fixed it.

I also put all the butterflies in couples to represent Justin and I. The row of 3 butterflies on the right of our photo represents our 3 kids (even if we had only 2 at that point!)



Sandy Windsor, I want to tell you how much I care for you and for how sorry I am to see you go...if you ever need someone to chat with, I am only a call away! Take care of yourself in everything that you do! We'll miss you SO much at Stuck on U! Love ya lots!!!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww...what a sweet layout. I love the Mickey head with the world on it...looks like the one we have here at the World Showcase at Epcot.

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo adorable Leah! LOVE the pic of you and Justin and of course the journaling you do is aways one of my favorite parts. you really come up with the cleverest titles and I love "Mickey World". (Thanks for letting me borrow the cart.) xxD

Flamenco92627 said...

That's so cute! I love the Mickey globe.

Maureen Reiss said...

Soooooooo cute Leah!!! Love the banner, Love the earth w/ Mickey ears, Love the writing on the ribbon and definetly LOVE the butterflies for you 2 and the kids.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, what a fantastic photo .. and love the 3 b/f for the kiddos. Your Mickey world is so adorable! Your journaling is your trademark I think and so glad you used it. I'd say you ROCKED this one GF!

Dalis said...

OMG... I just read all that happen wow... sorry that you guys had to go through all that. On a happy note, I noticed that you haven't emailed me to get your prize!!! yep, you won Pile It On! a couple weeks back.

http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/06/top-3-scoops-winner-of-challenge-24.html

-- dalis

Audrey Frelx said...

Your Mickey layout is so darn cute and adorable!

TeriBeri said...

Love this layout and just found out about SOUS.....WOW what beautiful sketches!!!!! Your work is awesome Leah....keep it up girl!!! Hugs, T

Margie said...

Super fabulous job, Leah! It so darn fun! I like the handwriting on the banner... it makes it so much more personal. The colors are just too pretty and you two look like the happiest couple in the world!

Fern said...

Leah, what a sweet photo of you and your sweetie... I love the way you added the butterflies in pairs and then three and your journaling is always awesome!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Love the whole thing!!!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

Debbie said...

Cute layout Leah! Love the picture of you and your hubby! Love that globe with the Mickey ears!

Tammara said...

Your mickey mouse globe is too cute! Love all the fun details!

Jill said...

I Love, love, love this layout Leah! My family are Disney fanatics so love the Disney theme! Great work! Love the Handwriting as well, it adds something so personal!

Joy said...

Hi Leah....I just got caught up on your blog and I had NO idea that Cody had been so sick!! Girl, I am so sorry....I know how scary that must have been. I am praying for you all right now and I hope you get/got great news from all the tests!!!! Take care and God Bless !!!
xoxox Joy
Oh...the LO is adorable...too cute !

Joy said...

Hi !! So glad you stopped by to see my Cherry card :) I would want to know what caused Cody's problem too!! My 33 year old "baby" was in the hospital 3 times before he turned 3, so I know how anxious you must have been...and sleepy!! Sheeesh, its amazing the things we can survive....for our babies ! I hope you are feeling much better yourself...take care!
xoxo Joy

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, the Mickey Globe is amazing!!!! what a clever idea.... love your page!!!!! Happy Sunday!