Sunday, July 4, 2010

Home!!!

I can't believe we are home!

We actually were able to sleep last night, we got moved to a section with a few kids recovering from heart surgery, so it was pretty quiet. Well very quiet in comparision to the very active ICU part we had been in.

He seems fine still and without too much drama we got the rest of the samples we needed for the rest of the testing.

I feel strange being home. I can imagine what it feels like for someone to come home from a war. You come home and everything is normal except you had just came home from somewhere stressful and you can't forget what you saw.

Anyways, Scotti was happy to see me but my daughter is too busy playing to care. LOL! I did get some kisses but very reluctant ones!

We have a doctors appointment on tuesday morning with our regular peditrican.

The only and only at all "news" we got is that he had had some acid show up in a blood drawl from his first time in the hospital. And that he has not gained weight at the rate that he had before. He's little and thats fine but they want us to work on getting more into him...that and to add butter to some of his meals for the fat! LOL!

We have about 1-2 weeks for the metabolic tests to come back...I asked what they were looking for and they said that they are testing more rare things w/in the system. So I guess we'll see.

Thank you all again and again for your prayers. And I ask that you just keep us in them for a while...and I want to ask you to pray for the other kids that have stays in ICU's. I felt so lucky for us to be going home but I can't begin to tell you how I feel for all the kids that are still there. I can't imagine having gone through this experience without having the other Mothers there. Such amazing, strong and brave women, not to mention some tough kids!

I'll try and post some photos a little later...

xoxo Leah and Cody and family!

23 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am glad you are home... and i will continue to remember you and cody... keep us updated.. hugs

Mary said...

So happy you are home. Will continue to keep you in our prayers, Mary M

Shena said...

So glad to hear you are home!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO glad to hear you are home with Cody. You have no idea how many times I've thought of you and Cody over the past few days! I'll continue to think positively for Cody and you! Give him a hug from his Cricut MB mommies and a tub of butter!

TammiK

pink cotton said...

Welcome home. I am super happy to hear you guys are back at home. Get lots of rest & hugs wyour family. We will keep on prayin!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Whew! Welcome home .. I've been so worried about all of you! Guess you need to give that boy some spoiling! I'm sure the whole ordeal has frazzled you, so take some time to get your wits about you. Just cocoon for awhile. Hugs across the miles.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Leah what a relief that you've been able to bring little Cody home. Hugs to you all and I'll be keeping you all in my prayers
Hugs
Juliexx

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Praise God you are home!!!! Much love to Cody, to you and the rest of your family. Luv ya!

Kelly said...

Thank goodness you are home everything seems to be OK. Hugs to all and don't forget to take care of yourself too!

GenCraft said...

Thank goodness you are home and everyone is doing well! Get some much needed rest! Lots of love!

Jennifer said...

Happy 4th of July and welcome home!! Glad to see that you all are home. I will be checking in to see how his dr appt goes this week. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Get some much needed rest. xoxo

DukeFan said...

Leah,

I'm so glad to hear that you are home. This is great news!

I will continue to pray for answers.

Try to get some sleep. Give Cody another hug from me, and follow it with a big scoop of ice cream to fatten that little guy up! :)

CraftyGirl said...

Sooooo glad you were able to finally come home!! I can so relate to the way you are feeling... I had a brother with so many medical problems as a child, we spent a lot of time in the Children's Hospitals for surgeries and then recoveries. We also left feeling blessed that we were able to leave... there are so many kids who do not get to leave. It really puts things in perspective!! I am glad Cody is doing better... I will continue to pray that the other test come back negative! Now... get off the computer and go get some much needed rest!! Sending hugs your way!!
barb :)

Maureen Reiss said...

I'm soooooooooo glad to hear all the good news. Will still pray for everything to come back normal. Get some rest, (and I don't mean in a chair next to his bed)Lol xxx

AmandaB said...

So glad you all are doing good and got to go home.. Hope you get some more rest and I will keep you guys in my prayers..

(((Hugs)))
Amanda:0)

Stine said...

So happy that you are home. Hope they will figure out exactly what happened to him so that you don't have to worry. I should have him here to feed him the norwegian calory bomb Rømmegrøt (a porridge made from fat sour cream...)!!

Tammara said...

So happy you all are home and resting.

Flamenco92627 said...

PTL you are home!! I'm continuing to pray for Cody's improvement. I hope you're able to get some good rest! I'll keep checking for updates on any news.
HUGS,
Julieta

Fern said...

Oh Leah, I'm so glad to hear that you and Cody are now home!! I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!! Give the little guy an extra hug for me!!! Hugs!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Praise God your are home!

LorraineB said...

Sending more prayers for Cody and your family.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I've not been on the mb much lately, but read your post tonite. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers for Cody and your family. I'm sorry you've had to go thru this and pray that they'll find what caused this so you can relax again.

Carol
aka cyimbugbitten

The Cropping Canuck said...

Soo glad you are home! Thinking of you from afar!