Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Nakedness!



Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Nakedness

and some hospital photos of Cody.....



As much as I am surprised that I do enjoy doing sketches now, I always look forward to our challenge week at Stuck on U! So in our theme for this month (thought up by a Finn, no less! LOL!) is patriot so this week...

stars and stripes!

That can be good and traditional or any version in between!

Our last weeks red, white and blue challenge was great but I didn't go too traditional for it so I did this time. And with such great photos, I easily felt inspired! Plus that was the day we were released from the hospital so I was happy to document that in a scrap page!

(I had to add a *star* over my little naked boy so I retook this photo indoor which is why the quality isn't as good as the others...)




I decided to do some paper weaving as my stripes! And also my first attempt at sewing..that's going to take some work! LOL! I love how the paper turned out because it totally looks and feels like a place mat! LOL! Perfect for a 4th of July LO!



I really think I ought to do ALL my titles this way! Putting them on cereal chipboard just helps them so much to stand out on the page! I first cut my title in chipboard, then cover in paper and another layer over the shadow!



Haha, just thought the ants were too cute not to add....


I layered my MS star punch with the same paper as the weaved background.



And I thought I would add some of the photos from our not so fun experience last week...this is Cody the first time in the ER. You can see his eyes are open but he is really not all there...



Even with all the wires and the huge wrap job for his IV in his arm (and one in his foot) he still managed to get into his normal sleep position...I just thought he looked really sweet here...



This one just looks worse really then it is...he was totally asleep during the entire process (well he did sleep for almost 48 hrs and I am not kidding that he slept during almost everything they did to him!). So this is when he got an EEG on his brain. It only showed that he was in a deep, deep sleep. Luckily nothing scary, like seizures showed! Thank God!



And the end it on a happy note! This is the last day when we got to go home! Look at that sweet, happy face! Awake and ready for his very favorite Cheerios! Luckily that curtain was drawn behind him because there was a very ill teen there so we couldn't have taken this photo.



14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

So glad that he is ok now! The page is wonderful of course we all love the colors! But I like the detail and the little ants are great! Good to see a happy little baby!

GenCraft said...

Hi Leah! Thank goodness your little man is home and everything is back to normal!

Love your layout! What a good idea to weave the paper for stripes. This gives me some ideas... Happy weekend!

Mary said...

Love the layout Leah. So glad Cody is better. Did they ever find out what caused this? You did a great job as usual. TFS, Mary M

Flamenco92627 said...

Love that LO page and the saying!! So cute! Thanks for sharing those pics - poor little Cody. He's such a cutie. So glad he's better. PTL!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fab job on this GF! And this page is soooo what scrapping is all about .. preserving those precious, precious memories which probably seem all the more so after Cody's ordeal. Your placemat effect is awesome .. great stripes and strategic stars! LOL Love that pic with his little bum in the air! Cute! So glad this story has had a happy ending!

Maureen Reiss said...

Awe, breaks my heart to see him that way. So glad he's better now. Great LO!! Super cute, love your star placement. lol

Debbie said...

Great layout Leah! Love the paper weaving and sewing. Cute pictures and I love how you placed the star! Happy to hear Cody is home and doing better!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW Leah! LOVE this and the title is so YOU! LOL Just want to pinch those li'l necked cheeks! HeeHee! I'm impressed with the sewing, girlfriend! FAB layout! I know we talked about it, but those pix of Cody in the hospital are really scary. We'll be praying nothing like that ever happens AGaIN!xxD

CelticWoman said...

Leah great layout, glad that little guy has rebounded. hugs

Anonymous said...

Those pics of Cody in the hospital make me teary! I'm so happy he is ok now, but wow what an ordeal for your family.
Tammi

Kelly said...

Great layout Leah! So glad Cody is home and doing well!

CraftyGirl said...

All I have to say to you girly is pack your bags!! I am all about girl time!! LOL!! Hold on... you may want to wait until we move... if that ever happens!! something tells me Dallas is going to have a whole lot more to do than Indiana!! LOL!! Okay... now to the serious stuff... those pictures!! Oh my word... my heart goes out to you!! That must have been so scary seeing little baby Cody hooked up to so many machines and having so many tests!! I am sure glad to see that the smile is back!! What a cutie!! And this LO is soooo perfect!! I love that you scrapped his little naked baby body!! I say if you've got it... flaunt it!! LOL!!! Your title is perfect!!

Barb :)

Lisa B said...

Okay first I gotta say I just love that layout..I got such a chuckle!!
Oh poor Cody!! How horrible of an experience!! I feel for you guys to because I remember the pain of watching my little ones suffer. My daughter had to go thru 2 blood transfusions when she was 1 1/2 and it was just horrible. You feel helpless. But I am soooo glad that things turned out okay. May I ask what they thought was wrong? If you don't want to share thats okay! Poor thing. But regardless of how horrible those memories were they are memories and you need to scrapbook them. Maybe cut out a large bandaid and do an ouch LO or a hospital LO. I have lots of cuts that I can cut out and send to you if you don't have those Cricut Cartridges.
Thanks again for amusing us with your wonderful LO's...I just love this one!
Hope all is on the up & up and I need to come visit more often!!
Hugs!

Fern said...

Oh Leah, this layout is tooo cute!!! I love everything about it and those photos are just priceless..... So glad your little Cody is doing so much better!!! Hugs!!!